Yea! My Longest Run In 16 Years! (Read 806 times)

So since I have been back running since September, after a sixteen year break, I ran my longest run so far. Today I ran (non-stop) 12.35 miles at a 9:14 pace! I know this is not great by many runners' standards but I am so excited that I did this today. 2008 was the year of weight loss and exercise and since starting the year a whole lot bigger and much less in shape I am stoked to be where I am at this point. Yeah! Sam
    Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's

an amazing likeness

Don't short yourself, Sam. 12+ miles is a good long run for anyone -- you should be excited and proud of what you can do and how far you've come. Enjoy the journey and the results of your hard work.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Awesome work. (And don't compare your times and let other runners' paces take away from your accomplishment.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Outside Lane

Way to go! Awesome run and an awesome time. Good luck with each and everyone of your 2009 goals.

See how they run...

Giants Fan

Congratulations on your accomplishment!!! Way to end the year on a positive note!!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. 12 miles is great at any pace. Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Maggie & Molly

from my perspective 12 miles at a 9:15 pace is awesome. Way to go!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations -- and if you did it without injury, wonderful Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

from my perspective 12 miles at a 9:15 pace is awesome. Way to go!!
                    Yeah, you'd certainly kick my ass! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That is great! Congratulations! Just in time for the new year. Smile

Michelle

Nice job, Sam!! You should be really proud of yourself and your accomplishments!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

kcam

Not bad for an Aggie! Why don't you start keeping your log on RA and make it public. You'll be amazed at the help and encouragement you'll get from this crowd. Good work in 2008 and keep it going in 2009.
                            Thank you guys and gals, I was just so excited that I had to share. Thanks for the encouragement and compliments. This is a great forum to be involved in. Thanks again for all the positive words, you kidz rock! Sam
                            Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
                              Not bad for an Aggie! Why don't you start keeping your log on RA and make it public. You'll be amazed at the help and encouragement you'll get from this crowd. Good work in 2008 and keep it going in 2009.
                              Darn t-sip :-) I have started keeping my run log on RA, I will have to look into the availability to others. Great suggestion, thanks! Gig'Em Sam
                                2008 was the year of weight loss and exercise...Yeah!
                                Sounds like a great year to me Sam, I love posts like this. Keep up the great work, best of luck to you in '09!
                                Awesome work. (And don't compare your times and let other runners' paces take away from your accomplishment.)
                                I was saving this for my '09 signature, but Meg is right so I'll break it out a little early.
                                "The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self." Whitney Young

E.J.
                                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.