3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Well, I think I am definately on the mend. Got through my hill workout today with no issues. I was very cautious but overall happy.

Thought maybe this thread could use an "I'm getting better..." post... :-)

-Kelly

Excellent Kelly!

steph  

C-R

Yes it could Kelly. Glad things are on the upswing.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

bhearn

Thought maybe this thread could use an "I'm getting better..." post... :-)

In that vein...

Hamstring MRIs are in. So... hamstring tendon partial tear, tendinosis, tendonitis. Been building a long time, evidently. Plus, a bonus cyst in the femoral neck on the *other* side. Back MRIs are next (still likely some sciatic component as well). Looks like a long road back. 

After back MRIs, probably prednisone, then tons of work alleviating all the tightness that's putting extra load on the hamstings. And PRP injections if things don't improve then.

Many months of recovery and two PRP injections later, I'm happy to report that I'm on track for Western States, and May was my highest-mileage month ever.  By quite a margin, if you go by hours run instead of miles; most of those miles were on hilly trails.

Just a dude.

In that vein...

Many months of recovery and two PRP injections later, I'm happy to report that I'm on track for Western States, and May was my highest-mileage month ever.  By quite a margin, if you go by hours run instead of miles; most of those miles were on hilly trails.

Nice... Sounds like you are back to 100%?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

In that vein...

NICE!!

I too am doing much better. Doc prescribed a new medication for me and OMG! So far I couldn't be happier *knock on wood* I actually feel like I may be able to not only train for a marathon, but also actually race it!  It's nice having energy for a change. I just hope I don't over do it

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

NICE!!

I too am doing much better. Doc prescribed a new medication for me and OMG! So far I couldn't be happier *knock on wood* I actually feel like I may be able to not only train for a marathon, but also actually race it!  It's nice having energy for a change. I just hope I don't over do it

That's great Pam!

steph  

wow.. thats great!

And we run because we like it
                Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Man this place is finally turning around.  About time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Man this place is finally turning around.  About time.

+ about a million.

Great to hear Pam.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just a dude.

Awesome news... Big grin

-Kelly

Just a dude.

Grr... Just seems like I can't keep everything together for very long at all...

My knee started clicking the other day. I thought at first it was just my shoelace hitting the side of my shoe. But after retying my shoes and moving stuff around it kept clicking. It doesn't hurt at all, and usually I can't feel it.

But it has been also swelling. And if I keep it in one place a long time, then change its position, it pops. (Like if I sit for an hour, then stand up.)

The muscles around it kinda feel like they are working hard if I stand a long time.

It doesn't click while walking.

It's not weak.

The only thing I've really changed is added some squats and lunges on weekdays.

Reading online it could be anything from sore quads to a torn ACL/MCL. /sigh

I guess I rest it a day or so and get the swelling out, see what it looks/feels/sounds like... Then if that doesn't help, it's time to call a doc.

-Kelly

Just a dude.

Grr... Just seems like I can't keep everything together for very long at all...

My knee started clicking the other day. I thought at first it was just my shoelace hitting the side of my shoe. But after retying my shoes and moving stuff around it kept clicking. It doesn't hurt at all, and usually I can't feel it.

But it has been also swelling. And if I keep it in one place a long time, then change its position, it pops. (Like if I sit for an hour, then stand up.)

The muscles around it kinda feel like they are working hard if I stand a long time.

It doesn't click while walking.

It's not weak.

The only thing I've really changed is added some squats and lunges on weekdays.

Reading online it could be anything from sore quads to a torn ACL/MCL. /sigh

I guess I rest it a day or so and get the swelling out, see what it looks/feels/sounds like... Then if that doesn't help, it's time to call a doc.

-Kelly

Saw doc today. He thinks its an angry and irritated plica thingy and gave me a steroid shot. He hopes things will clear up and I'll be back at it in a couple days...

Here's hoping...

-Kelly

Saw doc today. He thinks its an angry and irritated plica thingy and gave me a steroid shot. He hopes things will clear up and I'll be back at it in a couple days...

Here's hoping...

-Kelly

Hope that does the trick for you. Get healed up!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Here's hoping...

-Kelly

Good luck, I hope that it works out for you!

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Good luck, I hope that it works out for you!

+1

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills