3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

2nd beer and last call.  Stone Ruination IPA.  It's amazing that after drinking a 120 Minute anything tastes like a lite beer, even a 7.7% double IPA clocking in at over 100 IBU's.

DFH 120 never gets old. I just wish it was a tad cheaper. MTA - to many home brews. Corrected spelling
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Buncha students came over, the Vanderbilt Fermentation Club. Making a 7.5% Holiday spiced ale (HolidAle?). About to put it into the primary.

Prince of Fatness

Buncha students came over, the Vanderbilt Fermentation Club. Making a 7.5% Holiday spiced ale (HolidAle?). About to put it into the primary.

Wow.  Trent was brewing?  And isn't it a little late to brew a holiday ale?

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

DFH 120 never gets old. I just wish it was a tad cheaper. MTA - to many home brews. Corrected spelling

I go on long weekends down at the Delaware beaches once or twice a year and that's when I pick up the pricey DFH stuff.  I can get it in NJ but it is a lot cheaper in Delaware, and there is no sales tax.  As I recall a four pack of 120 Minute was $35 there.  It is over $10 a bottle in NJ.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow.  Trent was brewing?  And isn't it a little late to brew a holiday ale?

Heh. Will be consumed a bit young, methinks.

Feeling the growl again

Beers with a gaggle of RAers work wonders for a messed up back. Avery's brown, St Bernardus 12. Now on a Big Sky Slow Elk oatmeal stout.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I spent the last 1.5 days on my roof tearing off the old shingles and installing new ones. I got about 3 square shingled and and 75% of the old ones off.Very fing sore right now and treated myself to a Rush River brewing co, Amber Ale.

My house was singled a year before we bought it and now, 9 years later they are shot. Dried out and curled on the south and west sides. We got some money freom the manufacturer of the shingles since they only lasted 1/3 of the warrantee period but didn't get enough to even cover the new shingles.

I HATE shingling. I think I'll have a Finnegins Irish Amber right now.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

I spent the last 1.5 days on my roof tearing off the old shingles and installing new ones. I got about 3 square shingled and and 75% of the old ones off.Very fing sore right now and treated myself to a Rush River brewing co, Amber Ale.

My house was singled a year before we bought it and now, 9 years later they are shot. Dried out and curled on the south and west sides. We got some money freom the manufacturer of the shingles since they only lasted 1/3 of the warrantee period but didn't get enough to even cover the new shingles.

I HATE shingling. I think I'll have a Finnegins Irish Amber right now.

I feel for you, I did a lot of shingling to pay for college and my first car. There are a lot of bad shingles on the market now. I have been up on my hous and shop several times to patch already, the tabs don't even stick down like they are supposed to due to poorly applied tar strip on them.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Ready for Winter.

Brown Ales, and Porters, and Stouts! Oh, my!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Ready for Winter.

I'm up to 5 24-bottle cases, plus bombers on the side, in my stash now.  I am going to have to start skipping lunch so I can lose weight and still get the beer stock under control.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ready for Winter.

How cute.

Looks like my stash.  Well, about 10% of my stash that is.

BTW, whodat, DAMN I had some awesome NOLA-local brews tonight. Holy shit.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just off the phone with SunKing. They say that The Deuce will be available for sale on 10/22, and will be available at the brewery and in local liquor stores.

Hey Span Span, what ya doing today?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

How cute.

Looks like my stash.  Well, about 10% of my stash that is.

BTW, whodat, DAMN I had some awesome NOLA-local brews tonight. Holy shit.

Sounds like you need to share more of your stash. Wink

I was a bit jealous when I saw your Untappd check-ins. Did you get any good runs in?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I was a bit jealous when I saw your Untappd check-ins. Did you get any good runs in?

Ran 7 on St. Charles yesterday. Slept in a bit after all the drink and then the OMG meal I had last night at GW Fins (not to be confused with tater head), about to go out for another run on St. Charles, hopefully as far as Audubon Park and back (11 miles if I do the park).

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Ran 7 on St. Charles yesterday. Slept in a bit after all the drink and then the OMG meal I had last night at GW Fins (not to be confused with tater head), about to go out for another run on St. Charles, hopefully as far as Audubon Park and back (11 miles if I do the park).

I've never been to GW Fins. I'll have to check it out next time I visit. Didn't get the chance to do much downtown last time I was there.