3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Feeling the growl again

one of these days we are going golfing and im going to have some payback :-)

I'll have to spike your beer with vodka.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Seanv2

So last night's stupid and obsessive one mile run didn't really hurt that bad, and then this morning I woke up almost unable to walk (again). What would you all do? Take time off? Run through it?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

So last night's stupid and obsessive one mile run didn't really hurt that bad, and then this morning I woke up almost unable to walk (again). What would you all do? Take time off? Run through it?

Does it eventually warm up moving around or stay like that all day?

First thing is to start on ibuprofen to help with the inflammation.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

I'll have to spike your beer with vodka.

We were just talking about the various names for what we call a boiler maker around here. Shot immersed in a beer.

Depth charge was another name. We used that in the South.

BTW - its better with whiskey than vodka (friggin potato makes a weak drink)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

+1 on the ibuprofen although I won't touch the stuff unless its serious (sounds like yours is).

Active recovery seems to work for most running issues but it needs to be at an impact to not aggravate. So easy running (like my hammy) and perhaps simply walking for your PF. Can't diagnose on the internet but unless its a tear active recovery seems to be the ticket.

I would also add to start walking around barefoot or in socks. It will strengthen the foot.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Seanv2

It definitely warms up but it takes most of the day...

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Seanv2

+1 on the ibuprofen although I won't touch the stuff unless its serious (sounds like yours is).

Active recovery seems to work for most running issues but it needs to be at an impact to not aggravate. So easy running (like my hammy) and perhaps simply walking for your PF. Can't diagnose on the internet but unless its a tear active recovery seems to be the ticket.

I would also add to start walking around barefoot or in socks. It will strengthen the foot.

I am leaning toward active recovery myself, the best the thing felt yesterday was right after my stupid one mile run. Really fucking hate this injury shit.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

Note I don't have a ton of experience with bad PF...until my most current issue which is likely this or something related.

If it gets better with warming up/movement I vote for active recovery.  By this I mean moderate running, nice and easy, no doubles (ignore my log and do what I say not what I do).  Fast running puts more stress on the PF when you push off.  No flats.

What is your shoe mileage?  If you are in older shoes, replace them.  Make sure your foot is being properly supported.  I blame myself for my own injury, trying to stretch some shoes too long.

I've found it helps to walk around the house in very warm socks, it keeps it loose.  I hear what C-R is saying about walking around barefoot, but I would save that until AFTER this heals.  Heal the injury by removing the stress first, then add the stress back in later via C-R's recommendation to help make sure it doesn't happen again.

So yeah, 4 nice easy miles tonight may be OK.

Seanv2

Note I don't have a ton of experience with bad PF...until my most current issue which is likely this or something related.

If it gets better with warming up/movement I vote for active recovery.  By this I mean moderate running, nice and easy, no doubles (ignore my log and do what I say not what I do).  Fast running puts more stress on the PF when you push off.  No flats.

What is your shoe mileage?  If you are in older shoes, replace them.  Make sure your foot is being properly supported.  I blame myself for my own injury, trying to stretch some shoes too long.

I've found it helps to walk around the house in very warm socks, it keeps it loose.  I hear what C-R is saying about walking around barefoot, but I would save that until AFTER this heals.  Heal the injury by removing the stress first, then add the stress back in later via C-R's recommendation to help make sure it doesn't happen again.

So yeah, 4 nice easy miles tonight may be OK.

Thanks for the advice. I think an easy 4 is the way to go as well. It definitely isn't the shoes, I did this in a pair with only  about 150 miles on them. I think it had more to do with being an idiot.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

I think it had more to do with being an idiot.

That is typically the root of my problems as well.

That is typically the root of my problems as well.

Mine also - and not just running ones! Roll eyes

Prince of Fatness

(friggin potato makes a weak drink)

No I don't.

Not at it at all. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Woohoo. Got a fast finish in. Got it by running with someone else. Usually my long runs peter out at 9min/mile or slower by the end. Tonight's, although usually I like to get 15mi to call it a long run (just some arbitrary number I picked) -- but anyway, I was hoping the splits would turn out to show at least good sub-8 pace through most of it. Now I see them, and am very happy -- last 7mi show sub-7, which is the opposite of how I usually finish - I mean, that's fast for me finishing a medium-long run. Gonna celebrate with a banana split, yessirree.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

No I don't.

Prove it o Capt'n of Carbs

The King of Beasts

Woohoo. Got a fast finish in. Got it by running with someone else. Usually my long runs peter out at 9min/mile or slower by the end. Tonight's, although usually I like to get 15mi to call it a long run (just some arbitrary number I picked) -- but anyway, I was hoping the splits would turn out to show at least good sub-8 pace through most of it. Now I see them, and am very happy -- last 7mi show sub-7, which is the opposite of how I usually finish - I mean, that's fast for me finishing a medium-long run. Gonna celebrate with a banana split, yessirree.

thats a nice run. good stuff.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”