3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July Racing Thread -- Spaniel Farms Beer Mile July 16th (Read 1288 times)

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel, that sucks. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

You can come refill your jug with more Abita.  Wink

In an ideal world, I'd like to have that thing empty in time to use the kegerator to make white wine in a few weeks.  I don't know if that is realistic though.  C-R is going to take some off my hands in awhile too.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

a lawn full or dry/dying trees and garden, my kegerator is still putting out 33 degree beer....

You have the beer mile then all hell breaks out.  I see where the priorities are...put the family out like gypsies but keep the beer nice and cold!  Wink

J/K, that sucks about the A/C.  Couldn't happen at a worse time.  Hope you guys get that fixed and get back in the comfort of your own (cool) house.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You can come refill your jug with more Abita.  Wink

Definitely need to get over for a refill. It went pretty quick.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Spaniel - I hope the weather starts behaving again soon and you and your family can get back to as normal as possible. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Off to run through the woods like an idiot. Weeeeeee!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel - I hope the weather starts behaving again soon and you and your family can get back to as normal as possible. 

Thanks...new heat pump goes in tomorrow....only one more night of this!  Personally I have no problem with it....but apparently being pregnant makes one much more sensitive to the heat, and 20-mo-olds don't like sleeping in an 85 degree bedroom.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

7/26 -- TNT Series # 4, 5K -- <33:00

30:55

This was a mountain bike course, so it was easier than the last 2 courses.

Prince of Fatness

Personally I have no problem with it....but apparently being pregnant makes one much more sensitive to the heat everything.

I feel your pain, pal.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

So did anyone do the triple 5K on the morning of spaniel's beer mile?

No.  My wife had to work and I'm cheap so I waited until 3pm to offload the kids at the sitter's.  Plus it was so dang hot here I could not work myself up for that silliness when not even in shape.

Feeling the growl again

OK, I think I finally got this caught up.  Let me know if I missed anything.

C-R

Late entry

July 30 - Setonfest 5k Carmel IN - sub 25

MAT: Quick question - it's been so long since I raced I need some advice. Should I take one or two gu packets for this one? Thanks.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

MAT: Quick question - it's been so long since I raced I need some advice. Should I take one or two gu packets for this one? Thanks.

I'd go with 3. One at the start, one at mile 1, one at mile 2, then you should be good to the end. If you're really worried about hitting the wall you could always have one at mile 3 to make sure you can cover that last .1

Prince of Fatness

Late entry

July 30 - Setonfest 5k Carmel IN - sub 25

I don't know but there should be plenty in that big sand bag of yours.  Dude, I have a numb leg and could break 25.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

I don't know but there should be plenty in that big sand bag of yours.  Dude, I have a numb leg and could break 25.

That's the shit I expect to get for being so soft from this group. Damn people, I leave for a few months and this place got all warm and fuzzy. Well done tater.

Oh and fuck off. I know 25 is a bag but I seriously have no clue. I ran 5 the other night in 8:40s and felt like shit with this ungodly heat. One thing for certain, I won't leave anything on the course (except maybe some dinner if I hurl)

3 gus? I like it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

3 gus? I like it.

Don't forget your water belt for proper hydration.