3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July Racing Thread -- Spaniel Farms Beer Mile July 16th (Read 1288 times)

DoppleBock

If I were to just drink 4 beers out of a can or bottle - It would be 1:00 max.  But breathing heavy etc - I could see it taking 2:00 max.  The whole key is to get a beer mile in the books w/o puke and then I can improve.

Our running club is being lax on the 5% beer stuff - But just like golf - play how you feel comfortable, but I will play by the rules.

I am actually looking for something that has little carbonation and for sure I want to drink it warm.

Any ideas - WG ???

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I am actually looking for something that has little carbonation and for sure I want to drink it warm.

Any ideas - WG ???

I know it sounds nasty, but MGD worked ok for me last year.  You want something light I would think, although C-R had issues with the carbonation and lamented he would rather go heavier if it was less carbonation.  The lowest carbonation I can think of is Guinness but drinking 4 of those, ugh...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well, in my VAST experience, it seems like most people run substantially slower than 5k speed. Slamming ability varies, but if you're not much of a beer drinker to begin with, less than 45 seconds per beer ain't easy. I mean, without hurling.

But good luck, RAB....See if you can beat my old lady 15:56.

(Challenge!!)

Feeling the growl again

(Challenge!!)

Richard is an established beer drinker; I think he will rise to the challenge Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ah... I thought he said his drinking skills were bad. In that case...Sub 12!

Just a dude.

How much of the beer mile is the alcohol and how much is just drinking a carbonated beverage?

I don't drink <GASP> but I wonder if a root beer mile would be comparable...

(Or did I just say something terribly heretical?)

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

DoppleBock

Spaniel all of the beer you suggested is < 5%

DoppleBock

They have other record categories - Because not everyone drinks

If you were in my running club, I would let a cola or root beer pass for fun 

How much of the beer mile is the alcohol and how much is just drinking a carbonated beverage?

I don't drink <GASP> but I wonder if a root beer mile would be comparable...

(Or did I just say something terribly heretical?)

-Kelly

Prince of Fatness

Look for an English style pale ale (bitter, ESB).  That style is generally lower carbed.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel all of the beer you suggested is < 5%

Huh.  I'm going off the www.beermile.com website.   They list Guinness US (draught) at 6% and MGD at 5%.  That's all I've got.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Well, in my VAST experience, it seems like most people run substantially slower than 5k speed. Slamming ability varies, but if you're not much of a beer drinker to begin with, less than 45 seconds per beer ain't easy. I mean, without hurling.

(Challenge!!)

I agree. I think my 12 minute goal is a bit ambitious, but I'm certainly not going let an old lady beat me Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

DoppleBock

Per Miller-Coors website - 4.7% for MGD

Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout also has more alcohol, at about 5 percent by volume, compared with 4.2 percent for Guinness Draught. ...

Guiness extra stout is 6%  But the Draught that most people get at the bar is 4.2%

Just saying

Feeling the growl again

Per Miller-Coors website - 4.7% for MGD

Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout also has more alcohol, at about 5 percent by volume, compared with 4.2 percent for Guinness Draught. ...

Guiness extra stout is 6%  But the Draught that most people get at the bar is 4.2%

Just saying

OK....but since beermile sets the rules and they call it acceptable we are in a quandary.

Guys, I'm not going to DQ somebody if they are .3% low on alcohol... Wink   This is supposed to be fun!

I'll need to pick something else then I guess.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Budweiser is probably a safe bet. You're somewhat limited if it has to be in a can.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Budweiser is probably a safe bet. You're somewhat limited if it has to be in a can.

You can do can or bottle by the rules...I prefer people do cans at my place to avoid dealing with broken bottles in the grass.

I'm not sure Bud makes anything 5%...I'm going to research Tater's suggestion a bit.