3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January Racing Thread (Read 1133 times)

Nice job Rocken!  So it looks like that was a PR for you?  Considering the last several weeks at 80+ mpw and no real speed specific work, that is absolutely awesome.  WOW!

Thanks Mike! Yes it was a PR. I do this series every year as part of my winter speed workouts for my longer races. I'm thinking next year I'm going to specifically train for 5k during the fall. I'll be interested to see what I can do. I'll probably look to do sub 22 @ the one in Feb. I definitely felt I had that in me yesterday had I actually focused on time.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You are doing well pam.   And still racking up the miles!

thanks Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Rocken!!!!!  Nice race.

No weak stuff in the Hurtlocker so far in Jan.

Thanks!

Yep, no weak stuff in the HL this year 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive     Dog Gone Cold 5K Run/Walk        Augusta, Ga.         1/21         24:30

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice job on the PR rocken! Can't wait to see what you can do in a 5K that you train for.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Nice job on the PR rocken! Can't wait to see what you can do in a 5K that you train for.

Thanks RA! 

Slo

Triple D Winter Race. I biked it. The official results won't be up for awhile. (Home-spun, loosely organized event.)

Goal - Finish...Did it, SAG-ing was never a thought although this was by far the toughest event I have ever done. I'll post the official results but it appears there was about 25 that SAG'ed

Bike computer Stats...71.31 Miles  7:41:39 in the saddle. Two pit stops, 5 beers, 2 slices of pizza, 1 bottle of gatorade, 15oz of water 1/2 of a power bar and 3 salted nut rolls.

In the 1st hour I covered a whole 6 miles. Most of that looked like this:

Just a dude.

Triple D Winter Race. I biked it. The official results won't be up for awhile. (Home-spun, loosely organized event.)

Goal - Finish...Did it, SAG-ing was never a thought although this was by far the toughest event I have ever done. I'll post the official results but it appears there was about 25 that SAG'ed

Bike computer Stats...71.31 Miles  7:41:39 in the saddle. Two pit stops, 5 beers, 2 slices of pizza, 1 bottle of gatorade, 15oz of water 1/2 of a power bar and 3 salted nut rolls.

Wow, your bike computer tracks all of that? Crazy!

Good job.  Looks like a tough ride.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I'm Betty if you're Al

Is it too late to be added?  If not, Boston Prep 1-22-12.  Hoping for a 2:00:ish

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

C-R

Never to late to be added. Get it dude! Umm is that a half or something bigger?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

It's a ridiculously hilly 16 miler that I for one have the good sense not to do. Again.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Wow! Great job! 7:41 in the saddle! (that explains the 5 beers).  I'm surprised you weren't dehydrated though. That's not much fluid for such a long race.

In the 1st hour I covered a whole 6 miles. Most of that looked like this:

Congrats on the PR! And good luck on sub-22!

Thanks Mike! Yes it was a PR. I do this series every year as part of my winter speed workouts for my longer races. I'm thinking next year I'm going to specifically train for 5k during the fall. I'll be interested to see what I can do. I'll probably look to do sub 22 @ the one in Feb. I definitely felt I had that in me yesterday had I actually focused on time.

I guess I should add my race:

1/21/12 - Zoo Run Run 5k - Nashville, TN, goal PR (sub-21:45)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive     Dog Gone Cold 5K Run/Walk        Augusta, Ga.         1/21         24:30

Great muddy, wet fun!  Chip time: 24:22.

MTA: first in age group.  small pond.

steph