3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

Yeah for us.

I was trying to pick stuff you MAY not have had before....Chimay was a safe but weak play.  So I avoided anything I've seen you drink before.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Here you go:

Two Belgians and a Double Bastard....because that's what you guys were to me all month long.  Wink

MTA -- That's in duplicate, one set for each of you.

I have never tried the Stone one but have a bottle of it in my stash.  Rochefort 10, very nice.  What's the one on the left?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I have never tried the Stone one but have a bottle of it in my stash.  Rochefort 10, very nice.  What's the one on the left?

St Martin Brune (Brown Ale), Belgian.  As near as I can tell.  From the price point it had better be good.  I bought a matching set for myself so I will likely try it this weekend.  C-R is a Belgian expert so I spent a lot of time trying to find something he may not have tried.  I did not recall seeing this in "his beer store" so I thought it might work.

Stone stuff tends to be bold.  So it's in the spirit of the December Mileage Throw-Down.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You do realize that you actually won, right? 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

You do realize that you actually won, right? 

Technically I guess.  You both could have run more on the 31st though.  

Enjoy the beer.  Wink

BTW, it feels really lazy to be running standard mileage again, even with good workouts...

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Well, since you did technically win, and had a baby at the same time, I've got some beer for you too ;-)

I feel like such a slacker for only running once for 4 miles today.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I may be the biggest casualty of the Dec throwdown. I'm pretty sure i've got a stress fracture in my pelvis. Doc appt next week to hopefully get an solid answer.

Weird thing was I didn't really feel it when I was running until I took a few days off for a bum ankle and then tried to run. Since then I've run 5k once and that pretty much confirmed it for me.

I wouldn't actually blame the throwdown, i wasn't running stuff I wouldn't have been running anyways but thought this would be the best place to post it.  Huge bummer after having easily the most consistent training of my life and clearly in the best shape of my life which I didn't get to race on.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Sorry Mark.  I hope that it turns out to be some thing minor and quickly healed.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

I may be the biggest casualty of the Dec throwdown. I'm pretty sure i've got a stress fracture in my pelvis. Doc appt next week to hopefully get an solid answer.

Weird thing was I didn't really feel it when I was running until I took a few days off for a bum ankle and then tried to run. Since then I've run 5k once and that pretty much confirmed it for me.

I wouldn't actually blame the throwdown, i wasn't running stuff I wouldn't have been running anyways but thought this would be the best place to post it.  Huge bummer after having easily the most consistent training of my life and clearly in the best shape of my life which I didn't get to race on.

Crap, and I thought I was the one breaking my pelvis.  Sorry to hear this kmark, I hope you mend quickly.

Sorry to hear this Mark; would like to know what the doc says.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

Yeah me too.  Sorry to hear this Mark, because you really are in great shape right now.  Hope it's not as bad as you fear because that sounds like it would suck. 

C-R

Sorry to hear Mark. heal up quickly.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sorry to hear you're having issues kmark. Hope you heal up quickly. Keep us posted.

Thanks all.

Hopefully this is the classic over reaction but I sort of, kind of, doubt it. Went for walk at lunch and all afternoon I was feeling it.

Late to the party, but really sorry to hear that Mark.  Heal quickly and let us know how things go with the Dr. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."