3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Prince of Fatness

Is it too early to ask what's on tap for January? Big grin

Another 200 mile month would be nice, but the main focus will be to lose some weight.  I have the base, now I need to stop being a fat fuck.  I can't race the way I want to if I am a fat fuck.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Oh, and spaniel, I dropped a 11 spot on you today and have another 9 - 10 planned for tomorrow.  I may make it to 20 over my goal.  Please remember that I like real beer, none of that Miller Lite crap. 

Not at it at all. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

In the spirit of the Mileage Throw-Down insanity I don't think it's quite right to have days left to run and no goal to reach, so I'm upping my December goal to 250 miles. That'll be a stretch, but it's no fun if it's easy.

C'mon....you know you want to. Wink

AP, you too.

Nah. I did post my goal (partway thru month, not at start), which was to catch up with the 300ers, and I got ahead of them. I'm cruisin it in now.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hmm, 18mi long runs with only one recovery day in-between: Pam, if I didn't already know it, I'd start to suspect you train for longer distances Smile

Hmm, 18mi long runs with only one recovery day in-between: Pam, if I didn't already know it, I'd start to suspect you train for longer distances Smile

Big grin  Crikey, that's impressive stuff. Not that I'd expect anything less from rocken, but it's still impressive!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Oh, and spaniel, I dropped a 11 spot on you today and have another 9 - 10 planned for tomorrow.  I may make it to 20 over my goal.  Please remember that I like real beer, none of that Miller Lite crap. 

Eh??  I don't recall putting up any beer against you.  Though I'm sure I'll buy you a round (or two) whenever I can make up a reason to have the company send me to central NJ.  Good job on blowing the goal out of the water though.  I think weight loss will be a priority for me for the first few weeks of the new year as well.

I've got the scalps of the two local boys to pin up on my wall.  The baby, however, may have other ideas.  Went to the doc today and while they did not send us to the hospital they did try to convince us to stay in the office for a few hours to see what happened.  I'm off to the treadmill soon, as any miles I get in may be my last for the year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Eh??  I don't recall putting up any beer against you.  Though I'm sure I'll buy you a round (or two) whenever I can make up a reason to have the company send me to central NJ.  Good job on blowing the goal out of the water though.  I think weight loss will be a priority for me for the first few weeks of the new year as well.

I'm just having some fun with you, but of course you are the blame for me running a few extra miles this month.  That's not a bad thing.  We will meet some day, and I'll chip in my fair share for the beer.  Looking forward to it.......

Not at it at all. 

You mean 19 Smile Me train? nahhhh. Long distance? Nahhhhhhhhhh 

I'm just an idiot. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Big grin  Crikey, that's impressive stuff. Not that I'd expect anything less from rocken, but it's still impressive!

Thanks Sarah! 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Congrats Tea for hitting 300 today!

Congrats Tea for hitting 300 today!

+1!

Congratulations!  A day early too, and 40 miles over your original target!!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

WTG Mr.Phin on reaching your goal and then some!

GREAT Job Sarah!! Very impressive considering you were sick earlier in the month!

MTA: and to think you weren't sure you would get to 226. You've surpassed that very nicely!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You mean 19 Smile Me train? nahhhh. Long distance? Nahhhhhhhhhh 

I'm just an idiot. 

That it was 8-9 intro to 10 @ MP is even better.

That it was 8-9 intro to 10 @ MP is even better.

actually it was 3 intro then 10@MP and 6 to close it. ALMOST made it 12@MP but figured with tomorrow's run I didn't want to tire myself out too much plus with all the stuff I had to do today. Not bad for a hobby jogger like me Big grin

Best part about today was that it was 25 seconds faster on average than my 20 miler last week and my average HR was only 1 beat higher

MTA: if I was training for a marathon I would have done 7 then 10@MP then 2 cool down. I've never done any speedworkout (until now) for any of my ultra's so figured tiring out my legs with the MP work and having  close to 10k to run afterwards would work better for Ultra training, but what do I know