3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November Racing Thread (Read 1186 times)

Feeling the growl again

I'm going to do the low-mileage high octane training for the next couple of months due to the fact that I will likely be going to OCS in January and will not be able to train for 2 solid months (boo). 

OCS, as in officer candidate school?  Military?  Good for you.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Can you put me down for these two, and I'll let you know which one to keep and which to scratch?  (Not sure how involved the family will be, which dictates where I can go.)

CliveF -- 11/24 -- LKN Turkey Trot 5k -- sub-20:40

CliveF -- 11/24 -- Southpark Turkey Trot 8k -- sub-34?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

rabutler -- 11/5 -- Indianapolis Monumental Half -- 2:10

2:04:45

About half way through I realized I was making pretty good time and if I pushed a little harder 2:05 was within reach. 16 minute PR. I'm pretty pleased with the results.

It was a great day for a race.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Wow.  "Great job!" seems kinda inadequate.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Just a dude.

About half way through I realized I was making pretty good time and if I pushed a little harder 2:05 was within reach. 16 minute PR. I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Excellent work... Congrats!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's a huge PR. Congratulations!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Stone Cat 50 mile trail race 11/5 Ipswich, MA.

This will be my first ultra of any kind, ever. For now I'll stick to the only goal I'm sure about, which is to finish the damn thing. I may throw a time goal out there when it gets closer. It's kinda giving me that same feeling I got before my first marathon, an equal mix of excited looking forward to it and "What the hell have I gotten myself into, holy crap I'm gonna die." Should be fun.

MTA: Went down this weekend for a pre-run on the course. It's a really fun course, but in no way would I describe it as fast. Now that I've seen what I'm in for, I'll throw out a goal of sub 10 hours.

That was just crazy stupid hard. Got it done, missed the sub 10. 10:07, and I can absolutely live with it. Everything hurts, a LOT. Got a pretty cool finisher's jacket out of the deal though, so there's that.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

That was just crazy stupid hard. Got it done, missed the sub 10. 10:07, and I can absolutely live with it. Everything hurts, a LOT. Got a pretty cool finisher's jacket out of the deal though, so there's that.

Enjoy the hurt.  Congratulations.  And we need a photo of the jacket.  Crazy stupid hard makes you crazy stupid hard, and that's definitely a good thing.  10:07 is very James Bond.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Wow! Huge congrats for chopping that much time off your PR! Great job!

Congratulations Greg! I'd say a person who does 50 miles on foot is definitely deserving of a finisher's jacket! 

L Train

Crazy stupid hard makes you crazy stupid hard.

This was not my experience.

I was talking about your mind, not your appendage...that probably tried to shuffle its way inside to prevent your uterus falling out of it.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

We didn't post about our races in here but Ben and I ran NY yesterday.

He did great. Finished in 2:28:44 and 7th american male (31st overall)

I went for sub 3 and epically blew up. Rough second half after a 1:30 1st half. Finished 3:11.

C-R

You can't hit a home run without taking a big swing. Next time.

Still a solid run and nice race for Ben.

I was in NYC Wed and Thursday and was amazed at how much brown haze was hanging over the city but below the building tops. That can't be good for optimal performance.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

You can't hit a home run without taking a big swing. Next time.

Still a solid run and nice race for Ben.

I was in NYC Wed and Thursday and was amazed at how much brown haze was hanging over the city but below the building tops. That can't be good for optimal performance.

Can you share some of those balls Candice, I sure could use them! Congrats to Ben!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson