3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Racing Thread (Read 1824 times)

Seanv2

It's hard to train well and race well simultaneously, but if you have a  lot of room to improve your 5K I would not count yourself out.

Right you were, Spaniel. 21:49, a pretty significant PR.

I have to say, it is nice to see the race times consistently come down.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

Kick ass.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The King of Beasts

Kick ass.

no one can argue with that.

haha.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

I'll say! Nice, Sean.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Nice work!!

Seanv2

Thanks everyone, still a long way to go, but I am happy with my progress.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Thanks everyone, still a long way to go, but I am happy with my progress.

Nice job indeed...taking almost 1 minute off your PR.  Your efforts of getting consistent miles and putting the time in are paying off nicely!

Awesome job Sean!!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My 10-miler is May 28. Quint just reminded me there is a 5-miler the next morning, May 29. If I wake up and do it, I'll shoot fora PR (31:24), or at least to better than last time (2 yrs ago) @ 32:00 (also done the morning after I raced the same 10-miler).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Congratulations Sean! 

Prince of Fatness

Shouldn't my result for the trail race be in bold?  I hit my goal.

I need all of the help I can get these days.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Shouldn't my result for the trail race be in bold?  I hit my goal.

I need all of the help I can get these days.

Fixed yours and caught one other, thanks.  I've been a bit strung out this month.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Fixed yours and caught one other, thanks.  I've been a bit strung out this month.

I understand, and appreciate the invisible font you used for my 6:05 Half Ironman. Smile
                              I forgot to put the date on the GJCC triathlon. It's 5/29.

Hope this was just an odd thing that loosens up and not a lasting injury....

What a long, frustrating week.  Can't wait for it to be over.  Two days off, one day on the bike and now two on the elliptical.  Leg felt ready to run last night so I gave it a shot this morning.  After a little more than a mile in, took a right turn and felt a sharp pull in the same leg but further down than last Sunday.  ARRRGGHHH!  Think I'll just take the weekend off while we camp in Michigan.