3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Racing Thread (Read 1824 times)

Feeling the growl again

I want to be in Australia.  It's possible that is just to get away from my children.   

L Train!!!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

L Train

L Train!!!

Spaniel!!

Yes, I'm ekeing (eeking?) my way out of hiding.  I'd like to try again at the being a runner thing.  Unfortunately, the kids thing I'm "jogger guy".  Which I pretty much am at this point. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe you should start a thread about how fast do you need to run before you can be a runner instead of a jogger. Bonus points if you can get the answer in terms of 800 sprint times.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

20:37, 4OA, 1AG

Nice job Nads!

Very very happy with that.  SmileSmileBig grin

2 weeks to the next half marathon.  Bring it on.

Good job Mandy! 

Maybe you should start a thread about how fast do you need to run before you can be a runner instead of a jogger. Bonus points if you can get the answer in terms of 800 sprint times.

Or how fast do you have to run to call yourself THE runner.... I haven't seen a thread on that.  This is an issue that needs to be discussed extensively.

Ridgewood Run 10k

5/30

sub-41:30

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Nice job Nads!

Thanks, Tony. Pretty far off the time I wanted, but one of those rare races where I found myself with a shred of hope of winning. 

Mandy, that's some cool stuff.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Seanv2

So my club's 5k summer series starts tonight. (Al Goldstein Summer Speed Series). Every other Wednesday until August. I plan on using these runs as work outs and hopefully bringing my 5k down little by little.

I'm curious about how tonight is going to go. I have been putting in consistent fifty mile weeks for a while now and feeling good and injury free (for the first time in forever) but damn are my legs tired. Jeff said something once about training well sometimes meaning you don't race well, I fear that will be the case for me tonight.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

So my club's 5k summer series starts tonight. (Al Goldstein Summer Speed Series). Every other Wednesday until August. I plan on using these runs as work outs and hopefully bringing my 5k down little by little.

I'm curious about how tonight is going to go. I have been putting in consistent fifty mile weeks for a while now and feeling good and injury free (for the first time in forever) but damn are my legs tired. Jeff said something once about training well sometimes meaning you don't race well, I fear that will be the case for me tonight.

It's hard to train well and race well simultaneously, but if you have a  lot of room to improve your 5K I would not count yourself out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Seanv2

It's hard to train well and race well simultaneously, but if you have a  lot of room to improve your 5K I would not count yourself out.

Thanks Spaniel, I do think I'll be able to take a little time off my PR tonight, I just wonder how much!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Was it all a dream?

Even if the race doesn't go well tonight, I bet you'll find a bit more life in your legs in the next few days.  Racing a 5k is usually a good way to blow out the pipes.

Feeling the growl again

Even if the race doesn't go well tonight, I bet you'll find a bit more life in your legs in the next few days.  Racing a 5k is usually a good way to blow out the pipes.

+1.  I wish we had a regular series around here.  I'd like to do a 5K every couple weeks or so just for this reason but they are hard to line up without a lot of driving, which I don't have time for now.

Seanv2

+1.  I wish we had a regular series around here.  I'd like to do a 5K every couple weeks or so just for this reason but they are hard to line up without a lot of driving, which I don't have time for now.

This is the first year I am doing this series. I am pretty excited about the chance to race this often, and in such an old school way. No t-shirts, no support on the "course", five dollars (cash) to enter. And it is about two miles from my place.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com