Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A brace that costs $800?  Must have been made of gold, right?  Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Surgery has been scheduled for Valentine's Day.  My surgeon will be my Valentine.

Damaris

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

A brace that costs $800?  Must have been made of gold, right?  Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Surgery has been scheduled for Valentine's Day.  My surgeon will be my Valentine.

Ok, I admittedly didn't go back too far, but what are you having surgery for, D???

P.S.  My MRI is tomorrow.  Funny thing is now my knee is feeling better than ever.  Literally no more stabbing pain and I think any residual is a lot in my head but we'l see.  Having lots of fun biking right now so I can't complain.  My sanity is still in check!

Randy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ok, I admittedly didn't go back too far, but what are you having surgery for, D???

P.S.  My MRI is tomorrow.  Funny thing is now my knee is feeling better than ever.  Literally no more stabbing pain and I think any residual is a lot in my head but we'l see.  Having lots of fun biking right now so I can't complain.  My sanity is still in check!

Good luck on the MRI.  If you really want to know, keep

reading, but ye be warned!

i have endometriosis and I need a partial hysterectomy, hoping they don't need to perform a full one.

Damaris

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ahh, ok.  I'm guessing the pain while running is annoying to say the least?

What's funny is I've heard the word before, but couldn't have told you what it was before right now.  Read up a bit & decided I think I'm glad I'm not a woman.  But not sure.  If I was a woman, I could look at myself nekkid in the mirror.  

Hope it all turns out positively!!  You run distances that make my head spin & I think that this is the first you've ever complained of pain (at least that I can recall) so you deserve a good result to keep doing so & impress the rest of us short milers! 

Randy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks.  And yes, the pain is now 8-10 out of 10.

Damaris

Nevrgivup

I faced my fears and I ran today. 3 miles is better than 0 miles. It was tender at first but after stopping to stretch a few times I was able to get through it. Off to physical therapy now.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

And in these times.......don't be afraid to do 2 miles or even just 1!!!

I've considered that 2 miles is a good minimum for my brain to feel right with it, but I also know that even just 1 mile is an accomplishment as most average folks would probably, instinctively stop running in a 100 or 200 yards....or so.  I don't think many would get over 1/4 mile on leg/lung instinct.  But 1 mile will probably still take most folks 8 to 10 minutes and that's a good amount of time to just air it out!

So if you are ever battling but know that you can safely do 1 or 2 miles......Go for it!!  2 miles/20 minutes/whatever is still a great run-based aerobic workout if you can get it in.

Anyway, just throwing that out as I know we sometimes get hung up on a number & wouldn't want to see anyone in this thread further injure themselves because of some "bare minimum" in the brain.

Go injured folk!  

Randy

Hip Redux

4ish miles today and no real piriformis issues.  It's sore, but like a muscle soreness, not an injury soreness.  I think I really did have a piriformis charlie horse, if that's such a thing!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

URD #23. Wah!! I can't wait to get stationary bike clearance or even better elliptical!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

URD #23. Wah!! I can't wait to get stationary bike clearance or even better elliptical!

When do you have clearance to do something?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

When do you have clearance to do something?

Hoping at my appointment Saturday? If not I'm gonna cry.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Hip Redux

Hoping at my appointment Saturday? If not I'm gonna cry.

Sad

Sorry, but try to focus on the future and not the present!  You'll get better, don't worry.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sad

Sorry, but try to focus on the future and not the present!  You'll get better, don't worry.

Yeah. I can't get an approximate timeline out of the doctor. He said, "you can do the bike when Dr Falcone says you can!" When I asked him how long. Yes in 3rd person.

Hip Redux

Yeah. I can't get an approximate timeline out of the doctor. He said, "you can do the bike when Dr Falcone says you can!" When I asked him how long. Yes in 3rd person.

He referred to himself in the 3rd person?!  STRANGE!

LRB

He referred to himself in the 3rd person?!  STRANGE!

Bizarro world!