Beginners and Beyond

Almost there ThursDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Good Morning Everyone!

Did a complete Tour De Kitchen last night before bed...Chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter crackers, cinnamon toast crunch, chips, pretzels...I should be ashamed of myself 

7mi 8:37avg pace easy for this morning

Have a great day!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 6 in the dark, and loved it. I planned on 10, but I'm very out of shape, and the leg was sore from yesterday's ride. Starting over is hard, no matter how many times I do it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 7.1 (or 7, if you ask Strava 🙄) and they barely hurt at all, even though my quads are ridiculously sore for no discernible reason.  I’m so relieved about that I could cry... except I’m too tired because my body has completely forgotten how to sleep.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

not lazy, just tired

i've been doing those Tour de Kitchen routes too often lately. Working at getting my eating back on track. I tell myself that I really should lose 5 to 6 lbs.... all while I'm munching on a muffin or a big salty oats cookie 

Today is a day off running for me. Going to walk the pup around the reservoir.

Not if it makes sense.

LRB

Good Morning Everyone!

Did a complete Tour De Kitchen last night before bed...Chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter crackers, cinnamon toast crunch, chips, pretzels...I should be ashamed of myself 

7mi 8:37avg pace easy for this morning

Have a great day!

Waking up to the previous night's gluttony is terrifying. The worst is seeing the jar of peanut butter without the lid on it on the nightstand and the spoon next to the pillow. That's second only to Ghirardelli wrappers strewn all over the floor. It's like you don't remember any of it until you see them!

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, Internet Champions!  I hit the track before work for my tempo run:

10:00 warm up

15:00 tempo

10:00 easy

15:00 tempo

10:00 easy

6:41 avg pace on the tempo intervals, and 7:05 avg pace for the run (8.46 miles).  That as a good a tempo run as I've ever had.  My tempo intervals are consistently about 30 sec/mile faster than they were leading into my last marathon.  NEAT.

Swim after work.  I predict lots of foot cramping.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

I don't have those kinds of things in my kitchen, damn it!

Damaris

delicate flower

Coolstorybro time:  I gained 10 pounds over the summer during peak triathlon training....the second year in a row I've done that.  I lose the weight quickly though once I decide that I want to and put my mind to it.  The main way I do this is to not buy snacks because I tend to house that stuff after dinner.  I miss my sweet and salty snacks, but I am down five pounds in three weeks.  I figure being 10 pounds lighter ought to help my marathon.

<3

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

8 later on tap for me.  ...We have a tackle box with a padlock on it and the wife has the key.  It's called the "sin box", and she lets me in it once a day to get my allotment out.  Works for me!

Baboon: Nice work on the Tempos and weight loss. 

Bluerun:  That's great you are running again!  I foam roll my calves, quads, and hams, and do self massage after a harder effort. I also wear CEP compression socks on my hard days, and wear higher drop shoes or heel insert them to bring them up to around 10mm. All this seems to help my legs.

Cyberic

Run commute day. Wore short sleeves and gloves. Gloves weren't necessary today, but not uncomfortable.

I'm the freak in the house in the aspect that I don't keep my weight. Not only can I eat all I want, anytime I want, but I often have to force myself to eat more. Just to brag, I've been eating a full bag of chips (200 grams format in Canada, which is 0.44 lbs ) pretty much every evening for the past 27 years. At times I have managed to slow down a bit, like half a bag and maybe even less, but it's not because of the weight gain, but because of the salt intake. So everytime I did that, I've replaced with something else, like nuts or some other highly caloric food to take away my hunger, then finish off with some chips, just for the taste 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning everyone.

Yesterday ended up being a rest day, but I did go through the Donut Bank drive-thru and ended up eating 5 pumpkin spice donut balls, 1 chocolate long john silver and a cherry filled. Not all at once... but throughout the morning 

So this morning I forced myself out of bed and to the gym for Shoulders, Upper Back and Legs - hope you can read my horrible handwriting...

Image may contain: text

Then I got home, had me a cinnamon raisin english muffin with Philadelphia strawberry cream cheese. Then Jetta and I headed out for a run, it was a bit chilly at 48 degrees but I warmed up quickly.

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Run commute day. Wore short sleeves and gloves. Gloves weren't necessary today, but not uncomfortable.

I'm the freak in the house in the aspect that I don't keep my weight. Not only can I eat all I want, anytime I want, but I often have to force myself to eat more. Just to brag, I've been eating a full bag of chips (200 grams format in Canada, which is 0.44 lbs ) pretty much every evening for the past 27 years. At times I have managed to slow down a bit, like half a bag and maybe even less, but it's not because of the weight gain, but because of the salt intake. So everytime I did that, I've replaced with something else, like nuts or some other highly caloric food to take away my hunger, then finish off with some chips, just for the taste 

I hate you 

Honestly, I actually get so tired of eating that I let my taste buds sometimes do the talking just so I can get something down my throat.....

I wish they made pills/vitamins that have everything you need in them, then I wouldn't have to ever worry about what to eat again....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I wish they made pills/vitamins that have everything you need in them, then I wouldn't have to ever worry about what to eat again....

I worked with a dude who said this once. I pulled out my Starfleet issued Type 2 Phaser, and incinerated him.

Half Crazy K 2.0

And that makes 3 emails with my bib number for Baltimore. I get it, I need the number to get my packet.

bluerun

Super B****

For real.  It's such a chore and I hate it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog