Beginners and Beyond

2015 Goals - Yep this Early Ya'll! (Read 103 times)

LRB

Swinging for the fences as I usually do, my loose goals are a 5:00 ish mile, an 18:00 5k and a 38:00 10k.

I have no idea whatsoever if I am capable of any of them, but dreaming never hurt anyone.

Absent are half marathon and marathon goals, both of which will be a result of my 5 and 10k training exploits and determined at the appropriate time. No different than before.

What an absolute idiot. I don't even know where to start. 2015 was a complete abomination. Fully. Wholly. Totally.

Sincerely,

Mo Ron

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Alright, watcha got planned for the new year coming up?

Me - I've got mine pretty laid out already 

BIG GOALS

1. November 7, 2015 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Other Goals:

My first trail marathon

• To find Redemption at the Monumental in 2015
      • Enjoy a few half marathons
      • More trail races

More Detail (Because I am waiting to take DH home)

• February 14, 2015 - Hearts on Fire 5k - Evansville, IN
      • April 25/26, 2015 - Kentucky Derby Festival Half Marathon / Backside Trail Half Marathon - Louisville, KY
      • May 23, 2015 - Owensboro Memorial Day Half Marathon - Owensboro, KY
      • October 3, 2015 - Evansville Half Marathon - Evansville, IN
      • November 7, 2015 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon - Indianapolis, IN

Can you tell I am bored at this very moment?

Ugh

No marathons whatsoever

I ran my first trail half in Louisville back in April, second one in May. I did run 5 half marathons,  two back to back so I've got 5 new half marathon medals on my wall.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

catwhoorg

Labrat

After my poor marathon last week, I am going to revisit that distance again next November.

Sp the only goal that matters for next year is a 3:50 Marathon.

I just need to think about how to train to get there.

Missed it. Had to DNS due to not-running related issue (interstate closure between home and the race that morning).

Wasn't in shape for it anyway, based on my half a month later. Too much accumulation of minor injuries.

I will not try to do back to back marathon years again. Its too much for my frame.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Cyberic

First marathon, BQ (sub 3:25, M45-49)

From the Internet.

Setting some ambitious goals for next year...

1. At least 1300 miles

2. Race a couple of half marathons, probably one spring and one early/mid fall. My 5k and 10k times predict ~1:50:00 for a half, if I can get my miles up and run somewhere in the 1:4xTight lippedx range I'll be absolutely thrilled. Sub-2 hours will be fine for the first one, and even just finishing will be an automatic PR Smile

3. Run first marathon - Philly 2015. The goal is to finish standing upright at this point, will worry about pace once I get through the whole base-building thing and run some longer races.

4. If more miles will get me PRs at shorter distances too I will be happy!

Aww Smile Apparently I didn't know what "ambitious" meant. I've adjusted my 2016 goals in accordance with the actual definition of the word, lol.

1. Will be over 1500 by the end of December

2. Only raced one but broke into the upper 1:40s, so good enough!

3. Philly didn't happen but I finished my first ultra standing upright so, partial credit?

4. 5K PRs every time I raced one!

Hip Redux

Yay I met all my goals! 

ah hem...  apparently I had none.

ME TOO!

Score.

Hip Redux

What an absolute idiot. I don't even know where to start. 2015 was a complete abomination. Fully. Wholly. Totally.

Sincerely,

Mo Ron

I think Mandy said it best....

Running is dumb.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would like to be able to run what I have planned to run without the asthma interfering.  Ugh.

I canceled half of my Spring races and/or downgraded to HMs.  I even cancelled my first 50 miler due to asthma.  Not going to be ready by March, I can assure you of that.  

The ones I am still doing are:

• Disney World Goofy Challenge (HM on Saturday, marathon on Sunday)
                  • Surf City Half Marathon (downgraded)
                  • A1A Ft. Lauderdale Half Marathon (downgraded) (for a goal time)
                  • Puerto Rico Half Marathon (with hubby)
                  • Paris Marathon (for a PR or goal time)
                  • San Francisco Marathon (for shits and giggles)
                  • Space Coast Marathon (for a time)

Not sure what will happen in between SF and SC, some more races in between.

I would like to go back to the 2300 miles a year I was used to before surgery.  Would like to PR but since I'm having problems even running at this point, I'll take what I can get.

Fancy that.  I'm en route to 2500, so I met that goal!

Damaris

Brilliant

1. Run at least 2015k.

2. 2:15 half marathon.  Not sure when that will happen; the only one I have planned now is Surf City.  Pretty sure I can't drop 7 minutes from my October half by Feb 1, so it may have to happen later in the year.

3. LA Marathon.

Yay, me!  

1. I met my mileage goal, sitting at 2350k right now (if my math is right: 1469 miles)

2. I ran 2:16:27 on Feb 1, then later in the year 2:10:27.

3. It sucked but I did it.

B-Plus

LRB

18:21 FTW 

You're welcome, FFS. 

Cyberic

GinnyinPA

1.  Don't get injured!

2.  PR at HM.

3.  First marathon.

This has been a good running year for me.

1.  Although my hamstring has been an issue all year, it never got bad enough that I couldn't run.  No other issues all year.

2.  My March HM was an 8 minute PR, the November one I squeaked by with another 10 second PR.

3.  I got second in my AG at the Gettysburg North South Marathon.  My first marathon was a good enough experience, I've signed up for another.

4.  Not in the original, but I hoped to run 1500 miles and am on track to do 1900 or so this year.  My biggest year before was 1100 or so.

B-Plus

You're welcome, FFS. 

Can you go out and run an 18-flat soon?

Cyberic

This has been a good running year for me.

1.  Although my hamstring has been an issue all year, it never got bad enough that I couldn't run.  No other issues all year.

2.  My March HM was an 8 minute PR, the November one I squeaked by with another 10 second PR.

3.  I got second in my AG at the Gettysburg North South Marathon.  My first marathon was a good enough experience, I've signed up for another.

4.  Not in the original, but I hoped to run 1500 miles and am on track to do 1900 or so this year.  My biggest year before was 1100 or so.

Very nice