Beginners and Beyond

2020 - Dailies with a number ... 54 !!! (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

You don't want a number in your dailies,

just get up and start them early !

delicate flower

West Coast checking in!!  Bunch of slackers out here.  Coffee shops don't open until 7:30 today.  Jesus Christ.

<3

Waited for sun to come up, 3 dirt RR grade, elevated.... still feeling yesterday

GinnyinPA

I didn't sleep at all last night. Currently waiting for DH to finish his breakfast so we can walk Ben. It's supposed to rain all morning, so I will probably wait until this afternoon to do my long run.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Our high is 55F today and it's sunny! Unfortunately, it's super windy. I have 16 miles and I'll see how they go as my knee has been hurting (achy mostly) during my last three runs (I must have twisted it during my hill sprints).

Damaris

Cyberic

Long easy run, with the last ~5K (back home from botanical garden) at moderate pace. 17.6 miles.

83.8 miles for the week. That's about right. Now I just need to slowly increase the amount and the pace of quality running in that volume.

onemile

Long easy run, with the last ~5K (back home from botanical garden) at moderate pace. 17.6 miles.

83.8 miles for the week. That's about right. Now I just need to slowly increase the amount and the pace of quality running in that volume.

Nice!

Cyberic

15 weeks until the May 17th marathon I have my eye on.

Imma design my own plan based on that new Hudson book I bought.

In the past I've either followed a plan (my first years was Hansons), then loosely followed a plan (key workouts only), and in my last years, just put in hard workouts taken here and there, pushed for high volume, and it worked out good.

Now I feel like having a plan, but my own plan. I will start working on that today, should be fun.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got my 15.3 miles done this morning, but finally getting to the computer.

Both of my Achilles were feeling tired and just exhausted during most of the run, blah.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I was tempted to go post in the marathon training thread for a second, and then I saw the big table someone posted with all the runs of the week, and I can see all the "advice" I would get from seeing my week has 14 runs, many of those 4 miles long, how it would be better not to do it like that for X Y and Z reasons.

If I do post there, I have to be ready to be challenged by everyone, and given tons of advice,  because obviously someone needs to tell me how it's done!

Cyberic

West Coast checking in!!  Bunch of slackers out here.  Coffee shops don't open until 7:30 today.  Jesus Christ.

Are you in a hotel room? At least you can use the Keurig to get coffee'd up even if they're slackers.

onemile

I was tempted to go post in the marathon training thread for a second, and then I saw the big table someone posted with all the runs of the week, and I can see all the "advice" I would get from seeing my week has 14 runs, many of those 4 miles long, how it would be better not to do it like that for X Y and Z reasons.

If I do post there, I have to be ready to be challenged by everyone, and given tons of advice,  because obviously someone needs to tell me how it's done!

Since when do you not just ignore everyone's advice and do what you want?  

Cyberic

Since when do you not just ignore everyone's advice and do what you want?  

Of course I ignore what everyone says and do what I want, but I don't necessarily fetch advice I will ignore. Sometimes I just post stuff that others interpret as me asking for advice. You guys know me, they don't.

onemile

15 weeks until the May 17th marathon I have my eye on. 

I was planning to train for a spring half marathon the first weekend of May but I can't picture being ready to train soon so this makes me think there really isn't time

Half Crazy K 2.0

Another rest day. Went back to urgent care because fever is still there. Still negative for flu and not pneumonia.  Their blood work machine was down,  but had blood drawn and got antibiotics.  Said if fever is still there tomorrow start them. This was supposed to be week 1 for a spring half. Was looking at one in April and already registered for one in May. I think it's just gonna be the one in May.