Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 47 times)

Mmmmm...beer

The doctor gave my uncle this update: Surgery went famously!

Glad to hear it!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That is great news Kristin!

The doctor gave my uncle this update: Surgery went famously!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Great news, Kristin!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

That is awesome Kristin

Marjorie

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

That's good news Kristin! I'm glad it went well.

- Andrew

LRB

Single digits be damned, it took three pair of gloves and two hand warmers per paw but I got it done!

VO2 Max workout @ "I" Pace: 2 minutes hard, 1 min recovery, 1 min hard, 30 sec recovery, 30 secs hard, 1:15 recovery.  Repeat 5 times.

Peruse any 5k or mile forum and you will likely see this workout in some form or another.  Why?  Because it is one of the best ways to work on your anaerobic power, also known as speed.

It looks easy on paper but it is anything but.  Try it, your "I" pace is right around 5k pace.

Give it a fair shot once or twice a month and I guarantee you will knock your next 5k clean out of the fuckin' ballpark!

kristin10185, have a pleasant three-miler. I'm elated that your CIL's surgery went well!

DaveP MI, terrific ten-miler on the TM.

Andrew, feel well soon. Bravo on the ten.

Marjorie, great 6.2.

Rick, awesome VO2Max workout. I'll have to try that this Friday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ever get cold from just reading the hourly temps?  Yeah, that!

I get hot when I read mine, does that count?  Just what you need on the day of your 22 miler, 5am, 82F feels like 90F and 100% humidity.  Score!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great news, Kristin!  Hope she recovers well.

Damaris

LRB

I get hot when I read mine, does that count? 

Actually, it does.  I remember stepping onto my porch the morning of my last 10k (in August) thinking there was no way in hell I could race effectively in that crap.  Sure as shit I went out there and stunk up the joint and almost walked off the course at the 5k point!

For me, extremes in weather suck no matter which end they occur but extreme heat or humidity is worse.  The cold I can deal with so long as the ground is safe to run on.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Actually, it does.  I remember stepping onto my porch the morning of my last 10k (in August) thinking there was no way in hell I could race effectively in that crap.  Sure as shit I went out there and stunk up the joint and almost walked off the course at the 5k point!

For me, extremes in weather suck no matter which end they occur but extreme heat or humidity is worse.  The cold I can deal with so long as the ground is safe to run on.

Hope you realized it was not a reflection of your training but the weather?

Damaris

LRB

Hope you realized it was not a reflection of your training but the weather?

Yes, and  actually I only hung in there until the end because I realized that running even 20-30 seconds per mile off my tempo pace I would still get the benefit of blood lactate work and I did.

StepbyStep-SH

What does a runner do when they are stuck on the couch icing a knee?

Shop online for running clothes and register for races, of course!

I just bought these tanks:
                            Skirt Sports Women's Multi Sport Tri Tank - Wilder Print - SmallTYR Competitor Women's Fitted Tri Tankini - Black/Lt. Blue - Small

And registered for the Chester Woods 50k Trail Run in June.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What does a runner do when they are stuck on the couch icing a knee?

Shop online for running clothes and register for races, of course!

I just bought these tanks:
                              Skirt Sports Women's Multi Sport Tri Tank - Wilder Print - SmallTYR Competitor Women's Fitted Tri Tankini - Black/Lt. Blue - Small

And registered for the Chester Woods 50k Trail Run in June.

Nice tanks!  And it looks like a great race!

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Nice tanks!  And it looks like a great race!

If I can do this much damage in one day, you better lock away your credit cards during your recovery!

The race is a very fun one. I've done the 10-mile at least three times and the 50k once.