Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 47 times)

LRB

This reminds me of a time when I was on vacation somewhere and I went to step on the last remaining TM at the hotel gym and a girl jumped on it before me and apologized by saying "I'm sorry but I'm training for a half-marathon and I have 12 miles to do...

Common courtesy has nothing to do with training or fitness.  You displayed it, she did not.

happylily

Common courtesy has nothing to do with training or fitness.  You displayed, she did not.

True. But it took me all my willpower to not show my teeth and growl like an animal. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Lily, I'd have told her to wait her turn. Her not having arrived at the gym earlier wasn't anyone else's problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You should have told her you had a marathon to train for and had 20 miles.  So there!  And then stuck your tongue out and put the TM at 5mm to shut her up.

Damaris

LRB

True. But it took me all my willpower to not show my teeth and growl like an animal. 

I believe it, that was some BS.  You took the high road, I do it all the time.  It is a personality trait, some people can, some cannot.  It is hard though.

Baboon

delicate flower

You should have told her you had a marathon to train for and had 20 miles.  So there!  And then stuck your tongue out and put the TM at 5mm to shut her up.

Or just stomped on her hand.  Because I would imagine that would hurt.

<3

LRB

Ever get cold from just reading the hourly temps?  Yeah, that!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

3 on the TM later. Cousin's wife is in surgery!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

DavePNW

This reminds me of a time when I was on vacation somewhere and I went to step on the last remaining TM at the hotel gym and a girl jumped on it before me and apologized by saying "I'm sorry but I'm training for a half-marathon and I have 12 miles to do..." I didn't say anything and turned away, but I had 16 miles to do that day and I was training for a marathon. Not that one is more important than the other... We all have our reasons, should training be more important than just trying to maintain regular fitness?

Close...he was training for a 10k. So I patted him on the head and said "how very nice for you". No actually we had a nice little chat; he was from Dallas so we talked about whether it is worse to run in the cold or the heat...felt like I was on the forum.

LRB - I would've gone outside, but I only brought shorts and there's a windchill of 4...in Oklahoma!

A few people came in while I was on, but one went for the elliptical, one for the bike, and one for the weights. I just made sure not to make eye contact when they walked in...I would've felt bad if they asked & I said "yeah, I still got about another hour or so". Anyway, 10 miles.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Kristin, glad to hear it, hope everything goes well.

Lily, you're a better person than I am, I don't know that I could have restrained myself.  I'm a nice guy, but if I'm next, then I'm next. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning everyone.

Shari, get well soon! Too much kawasaki, or whatever that martial art you're studying.

I didn't have to fight my way on to a treadmill this morning, fortunately, since 2 were open. I got in early and even though I was tired at the end of it I managed 10 miles at an Easy pace. This whole sickness thing is for the birds. I think it's still affecting me. I wish there was just some cheap and easy way someone could take 1 minute and look at me and tell me that I'm sick with XYZ and send me on my way with 1 or 2 pills. We know that's not how the world works. I'd have to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of sick(er) people until they finally get to me. Then the doctor will take a look at me for 1 or 2 minutes and send me away with some pills. But it will also cost $158.12. Fun stuff.

- Andrew

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

The doctor gave my uncle this update: Surgery went famously!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm too hot-headed to just walk away Lily, I would have bit her head off 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

The doctor gave my uncle this update: Surgery went famously!

Awesome.  'Bout time you got a dash of good news.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. Was going to be a rest day because if travel but connection flight got cancelled so they rebooked all my flights for tomorrow. Since my first flight is at 530 am I won't be running tomorrow am.  Decided to run today. It was cold and rainy. Not holding much hope on tomorrow's flights as some areas the weather will be pretty bad. So, we shall see.

Marjorie