Beginners and Beyond

On the Fifth Day, There Were THURSDAILIES (Read 44 times)

happylily

Yes...I will be a long way from your DD's child..I'll be turning 60 on that day!

You will always be a young at heart 50 yo man to me.  And of course, I will myself never pass the age of 50, because I'm a few years younger than you. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My office computer is probably from the 90s and I share it with 5 people.

That would be a problem if all your work has to be through the computer, like mine.  Trying to get the other 5 people out of the computer might be a problem for me.

I had a computer in the 90s.  Unless it takes a full sized desk, yours is probably NOT THAT OLD.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I only took the new car to Broward for court and back and it already matched the mpg of my other hybrid in the 4 years of the lease.  And that was with one day of driving.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Ended up with time to do 7 miles on the indoor track, then made the rest of my body work, too. Fun strength class today - we did a circuit using heavy ropes, medicine balls, and plenty of core work.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That would be a problem if all your work has to be through the computer, like mine.  Trying to get the other 5 people out of the computer might be a problem for me.

I had a computer in the 90s.  Unless it takes a full sized desk, yours is probably NOT THAT OLD.

Ok fine maybe it's not from the 90s. But it is old and slow and freezes a lot

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

For me, Thursday has always been the fourth day of the week.  I am really confused!

No, you are right.  Sunday was the seventh day and the day of rest.  Me and B were stumbling in the darkness this morning trying to get this thing up and running.

So what we have here is tomorrows title on a test run.  

DavePNW

For me, Thursday has always been the fourth day of the week.  I am really confused!

That's because you're European. US calendars always show Sunday as the first day of the week, in Europe they start with Monday. (I guess also in Quebec?) Not sure the source of the convention that the running week starts on Monday. Although it always made sense to me because a LR will always be on the weekend, but could be Sat or Sun. So if I do my LR Sun one weekend & Sat the next, and I count my week as Sun-Sat, that week will have artificially inflated mileage.

Dave

LRB

That's because you're European. US calendars always show Sunday as the first day of the week....

Or that! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's because you're European. US calendars always show Sunday as the first day of the week, in Europe they start with Monday. (I guess also in Quebec?) Not sure the source of the convention that the running week starts on Monday. Although it always made sense to me because a LR will always be on the weekend, but could be Sat or Sun. So if I do my LR Sun one weekend & Sat the next, and I count my week as Sun-Sat, that week will have artificially inflated mileage.

I am not European and my calendars end on Sunday and NOT on Saturdays.

Damaris

happylily

I just checked the time and date website and the weeks start on Sunday, like you say. Then I googled a French Canadian calendar, and we start on Monday. Always the rebellious ones. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just checked the time and date website and the weeks start on Sunday, like you say. Then I googled a French Canadian calendar, and we start on Monday. Always the rebellious ones. 

My government and personal agendas (books, schedules, whatever you want to call it) must be Canadians because the first day of the week is a Monday.

Damaris

happylily

Well that's just confusing...

DavePNW

Florida is like its own separate country.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Florida is like its own separate country.

I am not from Florida!  Yuck! 

And I am talking about the Federal Government calendars.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nevermind.  The government defense is worse than Florida.

Damaris