Beginners and Beyond

On the Fifth Day, There Were THURSDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

I think Kristin is in one of the burroughs and not the city so a car might be less expensive There.

Got it.  It is not the car so much as the parking that cost a small fortune, so I have been told.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Here's what was just 2 miles north of me on the interstate when I was headed home.

Wowzers. Glad you're ok.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got it.  It is not the car so much as the parking that cost a small fortune, so I have been told.

It is expensive.  the only place I have experienced as comparable was Amsterdam.

Damaris

Damaris, I hope that you're able to bike and run tonight.

Rick, bravo on the seven with strides.

Andrea, great job doing eight with Rocky this morning.

Zelanie, I hope that you enjoy your eight-miler and that you make it home safely.

jjs22, I'm glad that you're feeling good.

Shari, I hope that you had a pleasant six-miler and enjoyed strength training at the Y.

Andrew, excellent eight.

Beth, have fun swimming and biking.

kristin10185, I hope that your cousin's wife has a successful surgery tomorrow.

LRB

Wowzers. Glad you're ok.

+1

"A motor home started twirling around and people tried to avoid it and it didn't work out so well for a lot of people."

Somebody shit their pants for sure!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My DD is due on the 10th. :-) Isn't it your birthday also, Scotty? Mamie is what I used to call my two grandmothers.

Yes...I will be a long way from your DD's child..I'll be turning 60 on that day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gee, Damaris..ew bike...new car....someone got a raise.

Congrats on getting the miles done, LRB.  Nobody else at your work uses the TM?  Gosh, you co-workers must really like you for making them all feel fat and out of shape.

Hope the home-front situation gets better for you soon, FreeSoul. Congrats on even getting out there with so little sleep and all that's going on!  No school, so I hope you are catching up on some sleep today!

Hi again, Zelanie!  Wow, sorry to hear about your co-workers!   Dang, those photos look like my city streets this morning, except without the snow.  Pretty sad.

Dang, jj, -12 sounds like more than a hat-and-gloves day to me!  I've got a finger, all right, for that kind of weather!  Even the poor trees IN that weather do...

Probably a smart decision, Step, running at the Y.  Enjoy the run and strength training class.

Good luck with the house hunting, Andrew, and the selling!  Both of those can be stressful.  At least your running will help.  What is your wife doing to help her stress in this?  Hopefully something, sounds like she might need it.

Congrats on a good running year for you, Beth!  Sorry about your crappy weather, though.  I bet you still are doing some outside running though, aren't you?   50?  I thought you were in your late 30s, early 40s..

Kristin, why in the world do you even need a car in NYC?  Or do you live outside of the city? So sorry about your cousin-in-law.  Sure hope things start progressing for the better!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am not able to read everyone's posts, my office computer keeps blocking crap Sad

Well, my office computer IS crap..

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh LRB I got it now....I didn't know if you meant registration or insurance or gas or what... yeah the garages in midtown Manhattan charge you an arm and a leg, and there's really not much street parking there at all. I live in Brooklyn, it's all parallel parking here. It can take an hour on a bad day to find a spot of just looping around and around and around, but parking doesn't cost money. Insurance is very expensive here though. Progressive wanted $400/month for the same policy I had for $89/month in NJ. Luckily though I saved a lot of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO. I love saying that.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh LRB I got it now....I didn't know if you meant registration or insurance or gas or what... yeah the garages in midtown Manhattan charge you an arm and a leg, and there's really not much street parking there at all. I live in Brooklyn, it's all parallel parking here. It can take an hour on a bad day to find a spot of just looping around and around and around, but parking doesn't cost money. Insurance is very expensive here though. Progressive wanted $400/month for the same policy I had for $89/month in NJ. Luckily though I saved a lot of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO. I love saying that.

I've had GEICO for 9 years now and people keep trying me to switch.  Guess what?  Nobody has given me a better rate.  We pay $170 for two cars per month and that's in Miami, which has expensive car insurance due to having idiot drivers.

The guy at the Lincoln dealer told me he found a better policy.  Yes, with wichipito insurance.  Good luck getting paid if you ever need to!

Damaris

Yugo8

You got it!

As for me, I am about to head out into the cold ass darkness for a spin on the belt.  It is indeed cold here and dare I say we are finally in the dog days of winter.

That is fine because each day that passes gets us that much closer to spring!

For me, Thursday has always been the fourth day of the week.  I am really confused!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

G

My husband posted this in FB.  It says, For all that mistreat animals:

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, my office computer IS crap..

Mine too.  It also sounds like an airplane.  Sometimes I am working on a pleading and I hide under my desk for the incoming aircraft I assume it's coming.

Damaris

happylily

For me, Thursday has always been the fourth day of the week.  I am really confused!

Me as well. Plus, all training plans start on Mondays. So, Thursday HAS GOT to be the 4th day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My office computer is probably from the 90s and I share it with 5 people.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to