Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES in 3, 2, 1... (Read 43 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Rest day here

Ended up running some easy miles yesterday instead of the All Comers track meet. (watched DD long jump and 100m dash)

Tuesdays 100m dash really had my abductors sore (inside of thighs near crotch) damned 100m sprint!

Feel pretty good today, just chillin'

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LRB: yes, we are both teacher; DW for 24 years and me for 20.

LRB

LRB: yes, we are both teacher; DW for 24 years and me for 20.

That's good stuff right there, special people!

Moon next time say crotch muscle.  

Just B.S.

Morning!  I have 8 miles on the TM tonight.  Plan is to do some hill mile intervals for San Francisco training.

Beth, hope the FIL continues to recover.

Thanks D, but at this point he is still in survival mode as opposed to recovery. Dr's won't even go

there yet, too much swelling on the brain and a touch of pneumonia at this point Sad

Lily, Esmee is so beautiful. Not that there was every any question of that.

P.S. we are looking at an Olympic Triathlon in Ottawa first weekend in August. That will be 3 weeks after our

Half Iron and a nice recovery race. Should be nice and hot and humid.

Perhaps a good weekend for a quick trip to the capital for you and SO? Or I could just pick you up on our

way through Montreal that Friday Smile

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

That's good stuff right there, special people!

Moon next time say crotch muscle.  

Oh that has completely different connotations! And that being sore is not a bad thing!

besides... shhhh  or you will arouse FS.  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got to do an early afternoon run/walk as I got off work early because we had some carpet cleaners coming over. After they finished around 1:30 pm, I headed downtown to use the YMCA as my base and started and finished my run from there.  I started a little after 2 PM.  It was quite warm at 89 degrees, but at least the humidity was only 49%, and Mother Nature was kind by keeping the sun behind some cloud-cover.  I also ran on the trails through the park near the Zoo where there are some nice big shade-trees.  Very weird running at this time of day as I hardly saw any other runners at all - I encountered only 2 on my outing - but there were lots of park-and-zoo visitors out strolling around and having picnics at the park picnic tables and so forth.  I had planned on 3 miles but actually felt pretty good so took the longer route back to the Y and ended up with 4 miles.  Nice run, altho with the 89-degree temp I was completely drenched in sweat by the time I was done.    Today is a rest day and tomorrow I will be doing a fun-run 5K - Entry Price:  FREE!  Free is always good - that a local school is putting on as part of its health fair.  No awards or anything like that, but what the heck, it's something different, as I've never run in this part of San Antonio before.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks D, but at this point he is still in survival mode as opposed to recovery. Dr's won't even go

there yet, too much swelling on the brain and a touch of pneumonia at this point Sad

Lily, Esmee is so beautiful. Not that there was every any question of that.

P.S. we are looking at an Olympic Triathlon in Ottawa first weekend in August. That will be 3 weeks after our

Half Iron and a nice recovery race. Should be nice and hot and humid.

Perhaps a good weekend for a quick trip to the capital for you and SO? Or I could just pick you up on our

way through Montreal that Friday Smile

Sorry to hear that.  I'll be thinking of him.  Hope there is improvement soon.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'd be too tired to run after doing weights, LRB.  I have to do mine the other way around, running first, and then weights after.

Sounds like an active and happy weekend for you, Baboon!

Glad you got a run in, Beth, sounds like you needed it to help you keep sane through all you're going through right now. However, I don't think you can ever run super-slow...unless you run with me someday; then I guarantee I will keep you at super-slow pace...that's the only pace I know, lol.

Damaris, can the TM really simulate actual San Francisco hills?  How darn high would you have of an angle would you have to tip up the treadmill for that?   Good luck.

Aww, Lily, what a cutie.  Your future running partner. 

Way to go on your miles, DaveP and D2.

It's too bad you don't have lighted trails, FreeSoul. Rocky might like the cooler night-time running.  Around here after sunset it is still fairly hot, but the humidity is so low and we usually have a pretty good and nice night-time breeeze blowing so that it actually feels pretty nice outside.  Poor Rocky.  Maybe you'll just have to take walking after dinner during the hot months.

Good luck with your recovery miles, Lauren.  Glad your legs didn't explode.  Well, Andrew, broken pavement by the river is better than broken river on the pavement..cuz woudn't that mean flooding and it's time to get outta Dodge?  70 degrees..I wish!

A cake for your MIL...I'm almost afraid to ask what ingredients you are going to put in there, Zelanie. Maybe a little dulcolax.  I can hear your MIL now...."Thanks for the cake, Z, it sure was good...but it sure is keeping me 'regular' a lot..." 

Sorry about your allergies and crappola feeling, Step.  Maybe a little Jack Daniels or some wine...it won't do anything to make your allergies better...but you won't care, either.   Hope you feel better.

Happy summer vacation, Jack! Altho I bet you still have a hectic family schedule of things.  Wow, both teachers..I wouldn't have the patience.  I admire you both for being able to do that!

Welcome back, Bruce, glad your running is going well for you. Sorry about the cramp in your spring goal race though.

My advice, outoftheblue, is fun-run.  No pressure at all in that.  Just look at my lazy ass with my running.  No pressure at all.

Enjoy your rest day, Slymoon, glad you're feeling good today.  Hope your DD did well in her events.  100 yard DASH, dang.  The only time I "dash" is when I chase the neighborhood ice-cream truck.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Close to falling off the TM.

Damaris

LRB

Scotty it's been a really weird adjustment fitting strength work in with running.  I would have never imagined I would run after dead lifts but I have done that and more!

meaghansketch

I had great success at my goal half this spring using those same 5 & 10k training principles.  The only thing I added was a 12 mile run 4 weeks out that was 6 miles easy + 5 X 5 minutes at tempo pace, and a 14 mile run 3 weeks out that was 4 easy + 4 marathon pace + 3 tempo pace + 3 easy.

I also bumped the mileage up at bit obviously but otherwise it was my normal 5 & 10k training.

I had some races mixed in there as well and showed up race day morning and pretty much killed it, you can view the full 10 week plan (here).

Thank you!  That is very helpful.  I will probably incorporate those 2 LRs somewhere close to the half, if not exactly 3 and 4 weeks out.  My mileage is pretty close to that now but I am always trying to bump it up a bit.  Good to know that you killed it even though you weren't doing too much specific half training; I want to do as well as I can without being focused on it as a goal race.

meaghansketch

Avoided awkwardness with my doctor by asking the lab to send the test results directly to my home address.  Social anxiety FTW...

3.5 recovery miles this morning.  I actually got dressed, left the house to run, got about 20 feet down the path, changed my mind, went back home, sat around for 20 minutes, then changed my mind again before I actually ran the stupid miles.  The weather was perfect and it might T-storm tonight, so I guess it was a good decision in the end.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

SRD for me, especially after yesterday's discussion of my MRI results. I did do a little yard work this afternoon, basically installing the brick border around a bed I enlarged in front of the house. Tomorrow, I will pick up probably 3 shrubs to plant there. Then a load or two of mulch and that will be all set.

So much to do in the yard. And me here slightly handicapped with the goofy knee (which feels pretty good today, though I have been favoring it somewhat).

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

Avoided awkwardness with my doctor by asking the lab to send the test results directly to my home address.  Social anxiety FTW...

3.5 recovery miles this morning.  I actually got dressed, left the house to run, got about 20 feet down the path, changed my mind, went back home, sat around for 20 minutes, then changed my mind again before I actually ran the stupid miles.  The weather was perfect and it might T-storm tonight, so I guess it was a good decision in the end.

Damn, that's some indecision lol   good for you for going though!

Today is my one month surgiversary!   Off to the pool for my PT "homework."   45 minutes of walk and whatnot.  Next week I start transitioning to land PT.   Exciting stuff!

LRB

Thank you!  That is very helpful.  I will probably incorporate those 2 LRs somewhere close to the half, if not exactly 3 and 4 weeks out.  My mileage is pretty close to that now but I am always trying to bump it up a bit.  Good to know that you killed it even though you weren't doing too much specific half training; I want to do as well as I can without being focused on it as a goal race.

My half marathon in September will come during marathon training so it will be interesting to see which method produces the best results.  But I had always thought I could race a half marathon off of my 5/10k training and yeah, it works.