Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #36 (Read 30 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 5. Did you know that running with an elbow that hurts is very annoying?? I expected that from climbing and swimming, but it actually bothers me more when I'm running. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Elbows in pain are bad, ugh.

Taking Rubio to the vet for his sonogram and WFH. Hoping it's not cancer but I doubt the mass has gotten smaller since he's cried out in pain here and there. Felt bad wrestling him inside the box when he has had no food since last night. Poor boy looked at me like a traitor.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, I have 8. Feeling like I'm catching a cold but last night's weather was pretty miserable.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran 6 with a couple miles at near MP and a couple more at "tempo" on a golf course so pace wasn't great but effort was good. After feling like garbage yesterday, today felt decent.  Hammies/butt not bad which is encouraging.

Blue - how'd you hurt your elbow (maybe I missed it)?

DR - hope Rubio will be ok...we are 7 months into our first dog and I can now see how the bond grows...I'm sure this is hard for you and him

delicate flower

Temps skiing yesterday hit a HIGH of six degrees, with wind chills of -10.  Still, we skied all day.  Off to Vail today!!

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Blue - how'd you hurt your elbow (maybe I missed it)?

You and me both!! I'd think it was climbing-related except it started bugging me on Saturday, and I hadn't been climbing since Wednesday. This is the same arm that has a years-old RSI in the wrist that just never really got better, so it might be related, but I have no clue.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Temps skiing yesterday hit a HIGH of six degrees, with wind chills of -10.  Still, we skied all day.  Off to Vail today!!

Cool!

3mi flat, mostly elevated. Was supposed to be a rest day but yesterday attempt at longer run didn’t go so well. Have to Let Go of the past and stay mindfully in the present:

“ Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters”

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

3mi flat, mostly elevated. Was supposed to be a rest day but yesterday attempt at longer run didn’t go so well. Have to Let Go of the past and stay mindfully in the present:

Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters”

so true, especially as running goes!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Dave - the Illini have a big game Friday against Maryland for sole possession of first place in the Big Ten!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Have to Let Go of the past and stay mindfully in the present:

True!

Damaris

DavePNW

Dave - the Illini have a big game Friday against Maryland for sole possession of first place in the Big Ten!

Cool! Did not realize this was coming up. I haven’t actually followed college hoops closely in a number of years, and the Illinois program has been in the toilet for a while. But their performance this year has certainly piqued my interest. It’d be more fun if in the end if comes down to a battle with MSU, because tradition. (Maryland in the Big Ten? Still does not compute.) They’ve certainly had their share of great players & teams over the years, but it’s been a while! I was there way back in the incomparable “Flying Illini” years...ah, memories...like of losing to UM in the Final Four. 

Dave

sdWhiskers

8 miles with 4 x 400, 1E, 4 x 400. In the mid 30s out there, Brrr. Backed off the pace a little for the 400s which had me feeling a bit better, both physically and mentally. I wish I could do these workouts on a track or during daylight (or both!).

DavePNW

This sounds like someone has been watching The Good Place or something.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Cool! Did not realize this was coming up. I haven’t actually followed college hoops closely in a number of years, and the Illinois program has been in the toilet for a while. But their performance this year has certainly piqued my interest. It’d be more fun if in the end if comes down to a battle with MSU, because tradition. (Maryland in the Big Ten? Still does not compute.) They’ve certainly had their share of great players & teams over the years, but it’s been a while! I was there way back in the incomparable “Flying Illini” years...ah, memories...like of losing to UM in the Final Four. 

My Lions are coming for you