Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: Membership has its Privileges (Read 43 times)

LRB

I didn't want to chance it during this All-Star week to develop a blister, especially since I didn't check the radar and lube my feet.

Yeah this all-star thing is really testing my mettle having not had a tasty glass of wine in three days now, a streak that will end tonight as soon as I walk though the door.  I am going to pour a glass of wine, sit it on the counter, then walk away with the bottle in my hand and drink from that! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah this all-star thing is really testing my mettle having not had a tasty glass of wine in three days now, a streak that will end tonight as soon as I walk though the door.  I am going to pour a glass of wine, sit it on the counter, then walk away with the bottle in my hand and drink from that! 

It's a miles game, not a teetotaler game.

Last year, I ran 80+ miles on All Star week.  I could've done 90 but I had some pesky 80 hours of work to do that week.  the sky is the limit.  Achieve it!  Unless you are on the Lunars, in which case, rest until next week.

Damaris

LRB

It's a miles game, not a teetotaler game.

Last year, I ran 80+ miles on All Star week.  I could've done 90 but I had some pesky 80 hours of work to do that week.  the sky is the limit.  Achieve it!  Unless you are on the Lunars, in which case, rest until next week.

lol

I had a number in mind when I signed up for it and am pretty much on pace for that.  I may or may not go the (cough-cough) extra mile to add to that. 

It's nothing crazy but I will say that going back to my regularly scheduled programming will be welcome, mostly because I miss talking about my runs on the internet with people who could not care less about them. 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

It's nothing crazy but I will say that going back to my regularly scheduled programming will be welcome, mostly because I miss talking about my runs on the internet with people who could not care less about them. 

I will also enjoy it. Last year I didn't post in the dailies and try to keep my runs under wraps. If me posting miles will get a person on another team to run more miles, so be it. I guess I got beat fair and square. I don't keep track of who is on what team, so someone would really need to go off the deep end to stalk people's running blogs to manufacture a reason to go running.

- Andrew

DavePNW

<---- has no idea what All Star Week is.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You will next year if you still want to participate of the 2015in2015 then.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Given your mileage, you'd have been elected to participate.

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Agreed. Consistent and high mileage would put you at the top of the list.

- Andrew

LRB

+2

I couldn't touch the shit he runs with a 10 foot pole!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

A cool front sounds really nice about now, LRB.   My temp today for my run will only be 92 and the humidity will only be 50%, with a dew-point of 67, so not bad, but the 'feels like' temp is supposed to be 99.  We'll see if that comes true...our local tv weather forecasters are not always so accurate with their predictions.

Have a good day, Slymoon...I take it today is not your Friday.  Mine either, sadly.  But... I feel a cough coming on..might be full-blown by tomorrow morning...   Here is the latest I found on the story - the jerk is still at large, sadly....   http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/05/world/canada-shooting/

Beth, glad you and yours are okay! I hope that guy encounters an an angry moose who tramples right over him...and that will be that.

Way to outrun the thunderstorm, Andrew, Mr. Speedy!

And the pace will be even easier, FreeSoul, if you pack that stroller with some cold beer and stop on occasion to 'rehydrate'...  Enjoy your YMCA outing.

Happy anniversary, Zelanie, and happy early birthday to your DH.  Hope you get some nice coastal weather for your trip.

Way to kill the hill, Lauren!

Massage yesterday, PT today...you're living the life there, Oski!    I'm sure you'd rather be running.

Wow, nice, D2, lots of swag for you.  Ain't free stuff great?  Cookies, brownies, and beer too?  This sounds like a run to do regularly!  Good luck with your 8 miles later.

Hope you had a nice 'alone' day yesterday, Jack.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I will also enjoy it. Last year I didn't post in the dailies and try to keep my runs under wraps. If me posting miles will get a person on another team to run more miles, so be it. I guess I got beat fair and square. I don't keep track of who is on what team, so someone would really need to go off the deep end to stalk people's running blogs to manufacture a reason to go running.

I know that's right, ain't nobody got no time to be checking what some other fool running.  Shit, I'm too busy trying to pick out an outfit for my next run, keeping my wine glass polished and making sure I have enough K-Cups! 

That said I have simply been using it as a dry run for some marathon stuff I may try later this summer.

It helps that my Team Captain is both beautiful and understanding, and has told me I only need to run 1 mile more than than I did during last year games, which was done on day one as I was not in the games last year so that only required me to run 1 mile. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Agreed. Consistent and high mileage would put you at the top of the list.

I had to take a pass given I am fresh off a marathon.  I wasn't ready to throw down 70-80 miles a week after my race.    We have other folks on my team who are more than capable of picking up the slack.  I'm looking at 45-50 this week.  My team will also be thrilled when I tell them I'll be in marathon recovery again when the playoffs hit. 

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A cool front sounds really nice about now, LRB.   My temp today for my run will only be 92 and the humidity will only be 50%, with a dew-point of 67, so not bad, but the 'feels like' temp is supposed to be 99.  We'll see if that comes true...our local tv weather forecasters are not always so accurate with their predictions.

Have a good day, Slymoon...I take it today is not your Friday.  Mine either, sadly.  But... I feel a cough coming on..might be full-blown by tomorrow morning...   Here is the latest I found on the story - the jerk is still at large, sadly....   http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/05/world/canada-shooting/

Beth, glad you and yours are okay! I hope that guy encounters an an angry moose who tramples right over him...and that will be that.

And the pace will be even easier, FreeSoul, if you pack that stroller with some cold beer and stop on occasion to 'rehydrate'...  Enjoy your YMCA outing.

Happy anniversary, Zelanie, and happy early birthday to your DH.  Hope you get some nice coastal weather for your trip.

Way to kill the hill, Lauren!

Massage yesterday, PT today...you're living the life there, Oski!    I'm sure you'd rather be running.

Wow, nice, D2, lots of swag for you.  Ain't free stuff great?  Cookies, brownies, and beer too?  This sounds like a run to do regularly!  Good luck with your 8 miles later.

Hope you had a nice 'alone' day yesterday, Jack.

Pretty soon we will have those 84F, feels like 99F.  You know it's humid when the heat index is 15-20F warmer than the actual temperature. 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had to take a pass given I am fresh off a marathon.  I wasn't ready to throw down 70-80 miles a week after my race.    We have other folks on my team who are more than capable of picking up the slack.  I'm looking at 45-50 this week.  My team will also be thrilled when I tell them I'll be in marathon recovery again when the playoffs hit. 

I passed this year as well.  With me traveling this weekend, I wouldn't have time and then I would feel guilty.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

No way man, I was drenched head-to-toe. I left the shoes in the garage and my clothes right next to the washing machine on the drain.

- Andrew