Beginners and Beyond

Good FriDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

It's waaaaay too early to tell. Don't worry about it! But that's what runners do, so go ahead and flip out. lol

happylily

Damaris, I checked the weather in Paris for next week and it says partly sunny, low of 11C (52F) and high of 18C (64F). To me, it actually would be perfect running weather. Surely you are used to much worse?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, I checked the weather in Paris for next week and it says partly sunny, low of 11C (52F) and high of 18C (64F). To me, it actually would be perfect running weather. Surely you are used to much worse?

Yes, but I'll be running in the middle of the day so I'll be running mostly in the 60s.  That's too hot, IMO.  Yes, I am used to much worse, but I didn't choose Paris to run in the 60s (I might as well have chosen St. Louis and save $4K).  The forecast I saw is a high of 68F.

Yes, I am tapering.

Damaris

happylily

Yes, but I'll be running in the middle of the day so I'll be running mostly in the 60s.  That's too hot, IMO.  Yes, I am used to much worse, but I didn't choose Paris to run in the 60s (I might as well have chosen St. Louis and save $4K).  The forecast I saw is a high of 68F.

Yes, I am tapering.

The high is usually reached around 4 pm in the afternoon. What time does the race start? Also, I checked the historical average temperature for April in Paris and this appears to be very normal weather for this time of the year. You didn't do your homework right, lady. Aww... Paris in the spring! Lucky you!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Beautiful easy run this morning. I wimped out on the shorts, not too sure if it was warm enough when I got out, and it was. It was so nice I thought about going long, or at least medium long, but I remembered how wasted I was yesterday and kept it in the one hour range, no strides or nothing.

Not sure what I'll do this afternoon, but it will have to include some hours outside, for sure.

Have a good one!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The high is usually reached around 4 pm in the afternoon. What time does the race start? Also, I checked the historical average temperature for April in Paris and this appears to be very normal weather for this time of the year. You didn't do your homework right, lady. Aww... Paris in the spring! Lucky you!

Haha.  I read all reviews I could find from the last two years and the temps were in the low 40s.  My race starts closer to 10am.

One of the many I read: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/04/paris-marathon-report-2.html

Damaris

outoftheblue

Lily -- those are some wacky dreams.   I had a running dream last night too, that (kinda) involved people on this forum.  I dreamt that LRB was opening a running training school, so I signed up for it.  But when I got there, it was only an old lady in a gym who told me to start running laps around the gym.

I managed 3.3 slow miles yesterday to loosen up the legs a bit, plus some ab work.  Today is a SRD as I doing some housecleaning and shopping as my family is coming to stay the weekend for Easter.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OOTB, how do you feel after that run?

I have not gotten weird dreams this time around (still early!)  The last few times the dreams have been bizarre. Like running in place with the finish line close by and not being able to PR because I cannot move and stuff like that.

Thinking of hitting the TM tonight, depending on how high we'll get today.  It is already past the high expected and it's not even noon.  I will be missing the mid 90s weekend next week (very happy for that).

Damaris

outoftheblue

I feel OK.  I still have some soreness in my upper hamstrings, but the run didn't make it any worse.  With my family coming in, I'll probably end up taking the rest of the week off from running and just start fresh next week.

Weird dreams are definitely a feature of taper madness for me.  Usually it involve me running some complicated course that goes in and out of buildings and up and down stairs until I eventually get lost.

Life is good.

From the Internet.

OMG. I kind of want these. http://www.citysports.com/Brooks-Boston-Launch-2---Womens/238590/Product

I would wear them to all of my oceanview races this spring/summer Big grin

LRB

I dreamt that LRB was opening a running training school, so I signed up for it.  But when I got there, it was only an old lady in a gym who told me to start running laps around the gym.

Okay, you got a belly laugh out of me on that one!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OMG. I kind of want these. http://www.citysports.com/Brooks-Boston-Launch-2---Womens/238590/Product

I would wear them to all of my oceanview races this spring/summer Big grin

Nice color.

Damaris

LRB

I went out for 7 but ended up doing 7.5. A little tight there in the beginning but I opened up nicely and for awhile was my old spry self again. I cannot tell you how happy I am to say that.

This training cycle has completely torn my ass down...either that or I am not so sure I ever recovered from my marathon last fall. I mean sure, nothing hurt (for the most part) and I was able to get out and run like everything was okay. But on a neuromuscular level, I may have still been in recovery this winter.

Whatever the case it was a great fuckin run, now off to do what we do; ESU.

Cyberic

I dreamt that LRB was opening a running training school, so I signed up for it.  But when I got there, it was only an old lady in a gym who told me to start running laps around the gym.

lol! Good one!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 ez for me

Marjorie