Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are cool (Read 31 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I am going to be a pacer at Lakefront for the 3:45 group, so yes. But Lakefront will be just like an extra long training run.

Very cool!  I've had it in the back of my mind to be a pacer.  Have you paced before?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

Very cool!  I've had it in the back of my mind to be a pacer.  Have you paced before?

I have not. This will be my first time

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I have not. This will be my first time

There's a first for everything... looking forward to the pace report. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

KCRuns

Mornin'!  I ran 4.1 snail pace miles to work.  The backpack was extra heavy with tomorrow's clothes, too, and I didn't realize in advance how much that would suck.  But it was a beautiful and cool morning, so the commute was fine, just slow.

LRB

with that attitude 

lol

I'm  cautiously optimistic, I just keep the optimistic part locked away in a box that's buried deep in the earth. It's better that way...

LRB

I think that's probably the right choice (I only said Lakefront since I am going to be there). Did you ask your coach for his input?

That's as good a reason as any. 👍

LRB

I haved paced a 10k and a half, but cannot see me ever pacing a marathon, at any pace. The thought frightens me actually. lol

LRB

8 miles with 1600+1200+800 /w:5min jog.

That looks tasty. 

sdWhiskers

Hills in the dark. I needed a half mile long hill that didn't cross any intersections so I ran back and forth in an industrial park. People driving by are probably just shaking their head at me as they see my headlamp bobbing back and forth...and back and forth...

2x5 min, 2x3 min, 2x1 min from Half to fast effort. Ended up hitting HMP then 10k then 5K-30s if you go by GAP on Strava. Wasn't terrible though I can come up with multiple things that I'd rather be doing at 5am but I keep telling myself how good I'll feel at CIM. Or something like that.

Cyberic

That looks tasty. 

With the cool weather, the long recoveries, the relatively low total volume at effort, it was actually fun.

Cyberic

2x5 min, 2x3 min, 2x1 min from Half to fast effort. Ended up hitting HMP then 10k then 5K-30s if you go by GAP on Strava. Wasn't terrible though I can come up with multiple things that I'd rather be doing at 5am but I keep telling myself how good I'll feel at CIM. Or something like that.

Not me. There's pretty much only ONE thing I like to do at 5AM. I just can't come up with multiple things. 

onemile

I'm  cautiously optimistic

that's better 

onemile

Hills in the dark. I needed a half mile long hill that didn't cross any intersections so I ran back and forth in an industrial park. People driving by are probably just shaking their head at me as they see my headlamp bobbing back and forth...and back and forth...

Nice workout. I don't think I could find a half mile hill

sdWhiskers

Nice workout. I don't think I could find a half mile hill

The tricky part is finding a hill that is not in a secluded area (I'd rather not feel like I'm going to get attacked) yet not too many cars. And there are a lot of cars in southern CA. I'd have quite a few more hills to choose from if I ran in the daylight.

Another boardwalk workout this morning. By the time I got out there the sun was beating down and warming up fast. Humidity wasn't quite as bad but it was plenty hot. I kind of changed my attitude about the wind/ heat and just went for it and it payed off.

Ran 9.25M 7:32avg/mi w 4x4min around 5k effort  3:00rec Splits: 5:48, 47, 51, 52. Felt great doing these despite getting blown around by the wind lol. Got a couple nice encouraging comments from some people on bikes that I was passing and another runner. There was also a whole XC team there running...had to show them boys hows its done j/k.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???