Beginners and Beyond

2 days, 1 DAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

'Sup crew!

I have a pretty big run on tap this morning at or around tempo pace and tomorrow a long run (for me) of 8 to 10 miles.

I am gettin' my caffeine on now and will be heading out shortly thereafter.  You?

Morning all.

Looks like a beautiful day here; will plan to go out a bit later.

Good luck Andrew in Fargo - good place for a marathon, since at the end you usually feel like you're going through a wood chipper.

Good luck to all the other racers!

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck to Andrew and anyone else racing today!

SRD for me as we have my son's birthday party this morning. We are taking a small group of friends (only 6 kids - and the mom of 3 of them is coming along) to a nearby wildlife refuge for Migratory Bird Day. They will get to watch bird banding, see some captive raptors (I think a hawk and an owl), nature hike, and of course we will have snacks and cupcakes. Then this afternoon will be downtime at home, because DS's anxiety got the best of him last night. He is so excited/worried about the party that he woke up at 1 a.m. and never fell back asleep. Of course, that means he also came into our room at 1, 2, and 3 before I told him he could do whatever he wanted, just not to wake me up again (bad mom moment). Luckily he just went and read magazines in the family room for an hour, then back to his bed staring at the clock until 6 when Curious George starts on PBS.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

Went out to the strip to catch the bus to the race start, but I had second thoughts and and hoping I can warm up jog down there. Just chilling in my room until it's time to head out.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.4 miles for me today. Now puppy pool

Marjorie

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

10 miles for me. That will be much later.

Brrrr is going along at an 8:23 pace. Predicted finish is 3:39!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Morning all.

Looks like a beautiful day here; will plan to go out a bit later.

Good luck Andrew in Fargo - good place for a marathon, since at the end you usually feel like you're going through a wood chipper.

Good luck to all the other racers!

Ja!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 miles including a 5K.  I sucked at it.  I think I was slower than all my 5Ks in 2009.  The end.  There's your RR.

More miles with hubby tonight.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Good luck Andrew!!

Ran a 5k this morning, might do up a RR later, we'll see. Smile  19:32, 1st place AG (won a $20 giftcard to my LRS) and got some Grand Prix points.  73* and humid, so not the best conditions, legs felt good, but I faded anyway.  Gotta do some speed work to learn how to push.  Still a good race.  Gonna do some more miles later this evening after yard work.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Congrats, D2!

Good luck, Andrew!

D- I think the only reason I even run 5K's is to confirm that they still suck and I'm still no good at them.  We all know you are built for distance!

I ran just over 7 last night in the pouring rain.  I actually ran on the track while waiting to pick up DD, mostly because I have to go through campus if I run from there, and last Friday's traffic was terrible!  But I think there's something to the hypnotic monotony of the track that kind of helps me zone out and for things to go by faster, if that makes sense.

RD today for me.  We are going to celebrate Mothers' Day with DH's mom today because she is going to the opera tomorrow.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D2: congrats!

Brrrr is now on an 8:19 pace 3:37 predicted finish!  Go Brrrr and stay out of that wood chipper!

LRB

Brrrr is now on an 8:19 pace 3:37 predicted finish!  Go Brrrr and stay out of that wood chipper!

Awesome!  Keep the updates coming.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Brrrr HM in 1:48:52!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Brrrr 20 miles in 2:46:44. COME ON!!!!

B-Plus

Congrats D2.

go Brrrr.

I feel ya DR. 5k in 19:50 in the desert lol.