Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: We're Lovin׳ It (Read 33 times)

Especially since the school where I work is closed.

I ate a small breakfast half an hour ago. I'm going back to bed for an hour before going to the gym for seven miles.

? for the dailies: Should I have a pedicure before the marathon?

happylily

Basya, how do you manage to fall asleep again after breakfast? I don't think I could do this myself. Regarding the pedicure, I would think after? A pedicure and a massage. Two well deserved gifts for a marathon woman like yourself!

Scotty, happy anniversary to you and Gail! The flowers you sent her were beautiful. It's also our anniversary, 25 years for us. No flowers for me, but I will be wined and dined tomorrow night.

Andrew, I hope you're feeling better today!

Kristin, I hope your cousin's wife continues her recovery.

jjs22, I hope the best for your sister. It must be a difficult period for her, she's lucky to have you there.

Andrea, how are your legs today?

Good luck, (((Damaris)))!

11 easy miles after work. Today is Valentine's day party at daycare. Two parties in a row is just too much for me. I'm definitely not a party girl.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy Friday!  Happy Valentine's Day....if you like that sort of thing.  I bought the wife a card, thus completing the obligatory Valentine's Day transaction for the both of us.

URD yesterday thanks to every gym I have access to being closed due to snow.  Why is everyone trying to derail my training!?  Back on the treadmill after work today.

Basya, my marathon pedicure consists of the cat licking my feet because she has brain damage.

<3

DavePNW

Happy VD everyone. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Or maybe it does.

Felt weird to run last night, since I never run last night. But glad I got it in. Plan to try to get in a lunchtime run today. If I can squeeze it in before my pedicure. Or after, I haven't decided.

Have a good day y'all.

Dave

happylily

Happy VD everyone. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Or maybe it does.

Felt weird to run last night, since I never run last night. But glad I got it in. Plan to try to get in a lunchtime run today. If I can squeeze it in before my pedicure. Or after, I haven't decided.

Have a good day y'all.

LOL...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

Happy Valentine's Day!   I've got 6 miles with intervals on tap for today.  DH was over at the Coast this morning, so he's going to stop by the pier and buy some fresh seafood for a Valentine dinner tonight.  I better see if I can rummage up a bottle of nice wine to go with.

Basya -- I would vote for after your marathon for the pedicure.  At least when I've got pedicures, they usually do some exfoliation of dry skin and I'd be worried that it might leave my feet too tender for race day.

Life is good.

LRB

'Sup yo!

I am finally back on my computer which means I AM HAPPY!  AND YES I AM YELLING AT YOU, BUT ONLY BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!  DID YOU HEAR ME?  I SAID I LOVE YOU! 

B, the runners who get pedicures specifically for marathons swear by them, but it is much too late in the game for that.  That is something you would try during the early part of marathon training, or, when not training for a marathon at all.

I thought about it back before I ran my first but that is as far as it went.

As for me, my day started with some caramel flavored Starbucks coffee which is weird because I am not a fan of flavored anything when it comes to my beloved coffee, but the description on the box read, "Sweet & Buttery" and I just could not pass that up!  lol

It was not bad, and actually got better the deeper I got into my cup.  But most of all it had that power-kick of an Ass that I expect from SB's, and that is good enough for me.

That kick landed me in my work gym where I was joined once more by The Boss, and thus listened to the boringest music on the flippin' planet!

As it is, I got in some strength work, front, rear and side Myrtles on the treadmill, and a really slow 4 mile trot.  Now, I am ready to take on the world!

Zelanie

My feet always feel great the next run after a pedicure, but I don't know that I'd do it right before a marathon, because who knows if this will be the one time that they cut the nail all funny or something?  I wouldn't want to have that worry.  But maybe a week out?

Tonight I just have 4.5 easy, plus I am making cookies for tomorrow's robotics scrimmage.

Julie- Hope the party and miles go well!

Phil- Glad you're able to get onto a TM today.

Dave- Enjoy the run!  I had fun reading your hotel treadmill sage while you were away.

OOTB- Enjoy the dinner!

LRB- You have to do some detective work to figure out what the boss listens to on his own!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

I was up a bit earlier that usual, but not to run (DH is out of town - early runs are a no-go because of the 7-year-old at home), but I did make said 7yo heart-shaped pancakes with red sprinkles and sliced strawberries for Valentine's Day breakfast. And while I was in the shower, he made a Valentine for me - complete with candy from what I thought was my secret stash. Lil stinker!

I might try a run this evening, but I'll wait to see how my knee feels after spending an hour or so "supervising" DS's class sledding party. They earned it as a prize through positive behavior and actions through the first half of the school year and I agreed to help out.

Have a great day, everyone!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I'm feeling pretty decent today. Coughing up the loogies and wildly blowing my nose. Oh it's fun, better better out than in, I always say.

6 Easy miles for me on the TM this morning. It was pretty easy. I'm pretty fortunate to say that.

Have a great and fulfilling Valentine's Day.

- Andrew

LRB

My feet always feel great the next run after a pedicure, but I don't know that I'd do it right before a marathon, because who knows if this will be the one time that they cut the nail all funny or something?  I wouldn't want to have that worry.  But maybe a week out?

She has 5 weeks which in theory is plenty of time if that is the case.  And my boss strikes me as a person who listens to the news for entertainment, not music.  lol

But I have learned to not judge people because you just never know.  I mean, it is entirely possible that he actually listens to my music and is wondering why I am listening to crap. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Earlier this morning, around 2 AM my left leg at the very top of my calf and just under the knee was feeling tight but not bad. I took another nice bath in that Village Naturals Therapy stuff, didn't get to foam roll though because I had to drive DH into work today because stepson didn't plug his stupid Diesel in last night. I have a stick here, so I'll try and use it here in a little bit. Other than that sore spot earlier this morning, my legs seem to be feeling better, but we'll just have to see on Sunday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

Morning all. Woke up to these on our 33rd Valentine's together (started dating 34 years ago next month).

My hubby loves to buy me roses on VDay and Anniversary. Who am I to argue Smile

Was going to take today off after 7 consecutive days and 5 of those being two sport days and I really

felt in need of the rest after 5 miles on the mill last night. However looked at our schedule and realized

there will be no time tomorrow. We are out of town for the day then meeting with our travel agent at

4pm to discuss our 30th Anniversary trip to Austria.

So 6 miles on the mill tonight and at least an hour on the bike. Crazy storm here yesterday. With snow

then sooo much rain the road are difficult to drive on let alone run. 

So we will be romantically side by side tonight. One on the treadmill, one on the bike then switch. Smile

Enjoy your day everyone!

Lily, enjoy your eleven-miler. I just like my sleep.

Phil, have a great time on the TM.

DaveP MI, I hope that you have time for a run.

outoftheblue, have a pleasant six-miler.

Rick, thank you for the review. I might have to stash some in my desk at work. Awesome workout this morning.

Zelanie, have a pleasant run.

Shari, enjoy what sounds like a wonderful day.

Andrew, sweet six.

FreeSoul87, I'm glad that you're taking care of yourself.

I'll have a pedicure the Sunday after the marathon, if possible. I know a woman in Jerusalem who does them amazingly well. She focuses on smoothing and massaging the skin, which is what I need most. Ugh. My feet are beginning to resemble hooves. I'm going to do some smoothing in the shower after running on the TM, but there's only so much I can do.

Will run for scenery.

Hey Hey Hey, It's that wonderful day...

Yep, we're talkin' about chocolate at crazy low markdown prices.  Almost makes up for it being February.

Lily - Did I miss it ? Are you a grandma ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!