Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Run For Life - Not From It! (Read 32 times)

SheCan

Bacon, best of luck to you in your race.  I know your aunt's and your mom's spirits will be there to carry you on.   Nice that your family will be getting together in their honor.

D'oh Jack, I finished the painting of your DD.  It looks somewhat impersonal, and I was somewhat wondering if there were a word or phase or a color or something that might personalize it more for her?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Um, yeah, that's the ticket! Nice, short social run. Wink

A mile and a  half.  They're only a mile and a half.  Really low mileage here, nothing to see, move along!!  Joking

GinnyinPA

There are border patrol everywhere around here, Scotty, but the only time they bugged me about running is when I drove down a dead end road to see if it were a good running road.  They followed me forever before they finally stopped me to ask what I was doing.  Told them I was checking out running routes, but they still ended up looking in my trunk.  When I'm running, mostly they just wave at me, probably just used to seeing me everywhere.

When we were hiking the Continental Divide Trail in 2006, we started at the Mexico - NM border in the middle of nowhere (Crazy Cook Monument).  The first two days we were buzzed by aircraft, checking us out.  On the 5th day, we met with the border patrol, who checked our shoes to see if they matched the tracks they had seen earlier.  I was surprised it took them that long.

Baconista - good luck on your race.  I have a lot of family members who have had breast cancer:  my mother twice, 25 years apart, and my older sister, plus a cousin and stepmother who both died of it.  Running in honor of those who died and those who survived sounds like a good idea, especially if you combine it with a family reunion.

tracilynn

I lost my mom and my aunt to breast cancer too :-(

~~~~~~~

Traci

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

As soon as my legs work right again, I'll be on the ladder putting those lights up.  Last year was a milestone.  We had our first Christmas decoration fire.  That won't stop us though.

Gustav, enjoy the 6 with hills later

Awood, snowing already? After the Marathon, I guess you next plan is to be the best decorated house on the street, right? Wink Say, did you win the contest last year? I remember you have tons of light going on.

12.6M MLR done.. Slow @ 10:40

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

She Can - We've had snow two days in a row now.  I woke up to lake effect snow.  YEAH!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack - It's not this weekend, but next weekend.  I have a full plan for carbo loading and hydrating.  I heard that for every gram of glycogen you store, you can store an additional 3 grams of water.

Hi Pens...

Gus: Have fun on those hills. They are a pain, but they pay off down the road.

Awood: When is the marathon? Start hydrating NOW!

Bin: Don't worry about the pace. You are getting in the miles and that is what counts. Get rid of your cough and then worry about pace.

Mickey: What race?

PF: You could just go out for a real easy 2 miles.

Scotty: Ahhh... 80 degrees... Nice and cool!  Have fun on your explore and don't forget your sweater!

kjtd: I would do a few miles today with a few strides. Tomorrow I think you should do two miles SUPER easy.

Traci: Nice!!

Hog: Post a few of the pictures, if you can. Enjoy the rest.

Zel: How long are the social runs? Sounds fun. Smile

Lew: You did time in Muncie and Bloomington? What did you do? How did they catch you?

HsM: Besides "Monster Mash" what Halloween music is there?

PAD: That is a lot of intervals. When are you coming out west?

JBJ: You may want to rest. I would also get a massage from one of those sports guys.

Kristin: It's likely nothing. Can you run through it?

Docket: Hiya! Enjoy the miles tonight.

As for me, SRD. I was beat up pretty badly this week by my hard intervals on Tuesday and 12 miles last night. SRD today and then 5 easy tomorrow.  We'll see about Saturday and then a 10k on Sunday.

TTFN.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Elkhart Big grin  Good ole E-town, also known as big ass Elkhart.

Morning! I was hoping to run today, but after waking up at 3 with the newborn and 4 with the preschooler I had no energy at 5 to make it out the door for my run.  Me thinks this will be a four cup of coffee day.

Traci - that shirt works!

awood - where in Indiana do you live?  My parents live in South Bend and I did time in Muncie and Bloomington before moving out east.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Knee feels ok....much better than this morning. I don't know what that was about. I decided to skip the gym though and follow my own advice (thanks, scotty). Run tomorrow if I wake up and it feels better.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

PADRunner

Sounds great. Have a safe trip. If the planets align, perhaps we could meet and have a jog around the park.

Still not sure what my schedule will be. You'll have to cut me some slack though, your jog is my sprint!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack - It's not this weekend, but next weekend.  I have a full plan for carbo loading and hydrating.  I heard that for every gram of glycogen you store, you can store an additional 3 grams of water.

Do you have that plan on the computer? If so, could you email it to me? I'd like to check it out for my race.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Still not sure what my schedule will be. You'll have to cut me some slack though, your jog is my sprint!

Haha. I am racing 10k on Sunday so whatever I do Tuesday will be easy!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I don't, but here's a good article.  http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/fill-er?page=single

Do you have that plan on the computer? If so, could you email it to me? I'd like to check it out for my race.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I lost my mom and my aunt to breast cancer too :-(

That's so sad!  I assume you get checked every year??

Damaris

tracilynn

Yes, since age 35. I was also tested for the BRCA gene. (neg)

~~~~~~~

Traci