Beginners and Beyond

No Friday Dailies? (Read 42 times)

LRB

You still do this in person?   I thought NC government was the most backward, but we can at least do this online.  Punch it in and it shows up in the mailbox two days later.

By mail, internet or in person here. Internet is super fast.

StepbyStep-SH

Basya - Sorry your body won't let you fast AND run, at least not with any level of comfort. Do you have to completely fast, or can you drink water? I don't think I would try any kind of workout without fluids before and/or after.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I have worked out while fasting for to have blood work done a few times without issue but ate pretty hearty the day before. Of course it could be unrelated to the fast and just your stomach being stupid. Feel better!

Shari, Rick, I didn't eat or drink during the day yesterday. I was observing one of the minor fasts on the Jewish calendar. I felt fine, fantastic, even, most of yesterday. Around 3:00 p.m., suddenly, I felt tired and got a raging headache. I felt a bit better as soon as I started drinking and eating, but I still felt off. This happens with every minor (from dusk until nightfall) fast. The two major (lasting from sunset one night until nightfall the following night) fasts, including Yom Kippur? No problem at all. My body is weird.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can't imagine running/workinh out and fasting..... I really want to do a detox program but I think I would fail.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Don't worry about the blah workout Basya. After refuelling, you'll be ready to go.

StepbyStep-SH

Shari, Rick, I didn't eat or drink during the day yesterday. I was observing one of the minor fasts on the Jewish calendar. I felt fine, fantastic, even, most of yesterday. Around 3:00 p.m., suddenly, I felt tired and got a raging headache. I felt a bit better as soon as I started drinking and eating, but I still felt off. This happens with every minor (from dusk until nightfall) fast. The two major (lasting from sunset one night until nightfall the following night) fasts, including Yom Kippur? No problem at all. My body is weird.

My (completely uneducated) guess would be that dehydration is the biggest thing. I know I get headaches if I'm not drinking enough water during the day. I hope you feel better soon and that it isn't a virus - lots of stomach virus and respiratory influenza are going around in our area right now. It seems like all of my friends have either themselves or their kids been sick in the last three weeks. (Knock on wood - it hasn't hit our household. Yet.)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always get headaches when I fast.  I think it's dehydration coupled with low blood sugar when I do not eat.

Damaris

LRB

For a coffee drinker, the headaches could be a result of caffeine withdrawals.  Those thing bang!

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 easy. Getting way too used to running in the middle of the afternoon. Going back to work on Monday is going to suck.

Count me in on the raging caffeine withdraw headaches. Those are brutal. And why I never skip my coffee.

DavePNW

Getting way too used to running in the middle of the afternoon. Going back to work on Monday is going to suck.

Count me in on the raging caffeine withdraw headaches. Those are brutal. And why I never skip my coffee.

This is me except running at 10AM. Gonna have to go back to getting up at 5AM to run. Ugh.

And for me, the only time I ever EVER go without my morning coffee is before marathons. (Which I know is counter to what a lot of people do.) Never noticed any headaches, but usually dealing with much bigger problems at that point.

Dave

onemile

And for me, the only time I ever EVER go without my morning coffee is before marathons. (Which I know is counter to what a lot of people do.) Never noticed any headaches, but usually dealing with much bigger problems at that point.

Do you take caffeinated gels?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

0 miles for me again.  I hope everyone had a good Friday.

Even though I am on a 0 streak, I am going to stick with this daily posting thing.  More social involvement can't hurt me.

Runner with a riding problem.

B-Plus

Hi PR? How's the thumb feeling? You get it patched up yet?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Hi.  It still hurts. But, thanks to percocet,  it doesn't throb. Surgery is Tuesday.  Probably no running for a week after that.

Runner with a riding problem.