Beginners and Beyond

Run with the wind TuesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

Did you know that I only gained 5 lbs during my vacation all because of alcohol? I simply must try harder next time. 

FYP yo.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Am I the only one that loses weight while on vacation when not running, eating like a pig, and drinking like a faucet?

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Am I the only one that loses weight while on vacation when not running, eating like a pig, and drinking like a faucet?

In one word? YES.

OOTB - Good news!

Re: dessert. I will vote for cookies, brownies or bars over cake or cupcakes any day. Pie for holidays; cheesecake for special events; and ice cream on everything.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

7 more done, I'm loving these doubles. Smile

Yes Damaris, you would be the only one! lol  I'm heading to my brother's for Labor Day weekend, gonna be nothing but eating out and drinking, gonna try to not gain too much weight.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

In one word? YES.

lol

I know that's right!

LRB

7 more done, I'm loving these doubles. Smile

Ugh, mine start next week.  Did I say ugh already?  lol

Cyberic

So speaking of desserts, I just finished run #2 for the day.  7 more miles at 8:23 pace.  Easy effort on some tired legs.  14 for the day.  Solid work.  On both runs today, my Garmin rebooted itself mid-run.  It's weird when that happens...the watch shuts off, restarts, shows me the current run data as if I am paused but the mileage is rolled back a quarter mile.  I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am about this.  I suppose it is asking a lot of Garmin to have properly functioning advanced features like STAYING TURNED ON.

When I read this, I found it weird that your watch would do that. Then I went to my son's soccer practice using my Garmin car GPS (to know where the field was) and guess what...  it rebooted in the middle of my drive! It's a Garmin curse!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I must be the only one then.  I don't run and I lose weight.  I run and I am fucked.

Damaris

Now listen carefully everyone: First there is pie, and maybe cheesecake if it is the true kind. Then there is cake. But classy cake, not just some cheap stuff. Cookies come after.

Um... is this still about dessert?

happylily

Um... is this still about dessert?

It is. I think? Could it be my sub-conscious talking? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010