Beginners and Beyond

Run with the wind TuesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

outoftheblue

I'll take either cupcakes or pie, although if I'm going all out in terms of dessert decadence, sign me up for a hot fudge sundae.

Got my dog's blood work back from her vet appointment yesterday.  Everything is normal or on it's way to returning to normal, except for one weird spike in a liver enzyme that the vet thinks may be related to the new medication she's on.  The vet was pleased and surprised at how good the blood panel came back in light of everything the poor girl has been through.  But, best of all, my pup is eating great and much more like her old self, sniffing in the yard and following us around the house.

Life is good.

Baboon

delicate flower

So speaking of desserts, I just finished run #2 for the day.  7 more miles at 8:23 pace.  Easy effort on some tired legs.  14 for the day.  Solid work.  On both runs today, my Garmin rebooted itself mid-run.  It's weird when that happens...the watch shuts off, restarts, shows me the current run data as if I am paused but the mileage is rolled back a quarter mile.  I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am about this.  I suppose it is asking a lot of Garmin to have properly functioning advanced features like STAYING TURNED ON.

<3

LRB

Great news Blue!  Hopefully now you can find the joy in running again.

LRB

So speaking of desserts, I just finished run #2 for the day.  7 more miles at 8:23 pace.  Easy effort on some tired legs.  14 for the day.  Solid work.  On both runs today, my Garmin rebooted itself mid-run.  It's weird when that happens...the watch shuts off, restarts, shows me the current run data as if I am paused but the mileage is rolled back a quarter mile.  I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am about this.  I suppose it is asking a lot of Garmin to have properly functioning advanced features like STAYING TURNED ON.

I would flush that thing down the toilet so fast it wouldn't even be funny!

DavePNW

YOU HAD ONE JOB!

Dave

happylily

12 miles done, 7:58 pace overall, incl. 1 mile warm-up, 6 consecutive at HM pace, 2 at MP and 3 easy to finish. I managed to completely mess up my Hansons workout. Damn impulsive female...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

on my way to badass

A local farm has a bakery that I avoid. Besides all the fruit tarts and pies they make awesome cupcakes. Red Velvet would be my favorite and I may spring for one after my first HM. I just like dessert.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'll take either cupcakes or pie, although if I'm going all out in terms of dessert decadence, sign me up for a hot fudge sundae.

Got my dog's blood work back from her vet appointment yesterday.  Everything is normal or on it's way to returning to normal, except for one weird spike in a liver enzyme that the vet thinks may be related to the new medication she's on.  The vet was pleased and surprised at how good the blood panel came back in light of everything the poor girl has been through.  But, best of all, my pup is eating great and much more like her old self, sniffing in the yard and following us around the house.

Trixie got that same enzyme elevated a year before she got the fatty liver disease.  It usually means nothing but make sure she eats.  If she stops eating for a period of time, get her checked again.  Trixie is now as fat as ever after that period of not eating.

7 miles on the TM. It is still 98F outside (heat index).

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's so funny how eating great cupcakes (meaning made from scratch with no sugar and organic ingredients) messes with you.  I bought 4 cupcakes at Publix (strawberry) and I ate one bite and threw them out.  Too sweet.  And they are the normal typical sweet cupcakes; I am just used to the cupcake lady.

And I have not had a cupcake since late June.  I need to call her.

Damaris

LRB

A local farm has a bakery that I avoid. Besides all the fruit tarts and pies they make awesome cupcakes.

This is similar to where I was today, an actual orchid that has a retail store.  You never really know what yumminess they will have in store for you on any given day, you just know it is likely going to be um, yummy. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well ya'll, it seems DH is serious about not wanting me to run during the dark hours by myself so I got a stupid gym membership today... probably won't go until this Friday during my 5 mile run as I have a 9 miler tomorrow morning and the longest I've ever ran on a treadmill was an hour and that was more than 2 years ago so I'll start off small.

The woman from Hazleton apparently is/was a drug addict, her pic that 14wfie used was a mug shot. Eye witnesses found some of her belongings at one of the Hazleton White River docks, investigators figure she went for a swim but with the fast currents she could be anywhere by now.

I got 4 miles done this evening, with a storm brewing so the air was just nasty  with 86 degrees and heat index of 91, 72% humidity and a dew point of 74, it just felt blah.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I am finally home and could not be happier.  What a long day, which the easiest part about it was my run.  lol

happylily

This is similar to where I was today, an actual orchid that has a retail store.  You never really know what yumminess they will have in store for you on any given day, you just know it is likely going to be um, yummy. 

An actual orchid. or an actual orchard? 

LRB

An actual orchid. or an actual orchard? 

Oh crap, you know it's not your day when someone from another country corrects your English. 

In my defense though my evening buzz is in full effect! 

happylily

Oh crap, you know it's not your day when someone from another country corrects your English. 

In my defense though my evening buzz is in full effect! 

You had a long day, I forgive you.  Did you know that I gained 5 lbs during my vacation all because of alcohol? It was worth it, though.