Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! Now that's what's up (Read 41 times)

delicate flower

Thought this was just too funny when I saw it in FB:

and this is why people should not be taking rest days.

<3

happylily

Question: If it were you, and you had to do two marathons 2 weeks apart, what would be the fastest goal time (meaning, how much slower) you would target for the second race? Something that would seem realistic... I have no pain at the moment, but I've not run over 10 miles yet. I will see how I feel this weekend when I attempt 13-14 miles on Sunday. I'm torn between trying to run it as a normal race, with whatever I have left in me, or doing it like a run/walk thing while taking pictures.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Basya- That is so aggravating!  Ugh.  Hope you rest up and get to go somewhere nice down the road, though.

Runninggirl- Yay!  Glad the knee is feeling better!  Wish it could always be that easy. Smile

I'll run 3 after work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Question: If it were you, and you had to do two marathons 2 weeks apart, what would be the fastest goal time (meaning, how much slower) you would target for the second race? Something that would seem realistic... I have no pain at the moment, but I've not run over 10 miles yet. I will see how I feel this weekend when I attempt 13-14 miles on Sunday. I'm torn between trying to run it as a normal race, with whatever I have left in me, or doing it like a run/walk thing while taking pictures.

It depends on recovery.  I have actually run faster in the second marathon with only one week in between (I ran NY 15 minutes faster than MCM last year), so you could run faster if you recover well.

Damaris

onemile

I would run it at my normal easy pace and hope I don't end up injured. But I seem to take a long time to recover after a marathon.

happylily

It depends on recovery.  I have actually run faster in the second marathon with only one week in between (I ran NY 15 minutes faster than MCM last year), so you could run faster if you recover well.

How does one recover well? Do you think it's best to run very little miles until Nov.2nd, or is it better to do next week as I would a normal pre-race week (about 24 miles before marathon day)?

LRB

It looks like B-Plus was drunk last night??

Hilarious!

LRB

How does one recover well? Do you think it's best to run very little miles until Nov.2nd, or is it better to do next week as I would a normal pre-race week (about 24 miles before marathon day)?

Running easy only then make a game day decision based on how you feel, rather than going in with a preconceived plan which could force you to run a pace your body is not ready for.

LRB

Question: If it were you, and you had to do two marathons 2 weeks apart...

Let me stop you right there, it wouldn't be me.  Big grin

B-Plus

Sorry for the stupid mixup, Basya. That sucks.

It looks like B-Plus was drunk last night??

No, I was just being an idiot. If I was drunk and wanted to play Internet I would have bumped a bunch of meltdowns, or started a bunch of dumb threads.

Dentist, lunch, expo.

happylily

Thanks, LRB and onemile. I think easy is the word I need to remember.

There has just been an other attack. This time in NYC, on two cops. Urgh...

B-Plus

Thanks, LRB and onemile. I think easy is the word I need to remember.

Fuck 

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

a vote for super-easy here.

I know you are special and your mileage is much higher than mine, but just FWIW, I have tried racing two marathons 6 weeks apart last fall (not two), and the second was a massive fail.  I basically run/walked from about 20 miles on.

Michael Wardian can do it, but most of us can't.  It's up to you though!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

oh no

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wouldn't run much.  Your first goal should be recovery.  I would still run some and maybe something like 10 as the longest but that's about it.  When I say not much, it depends on your miles.  You run a lot so maybe you can run a bit more than someone with less miles.

Damaris