Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - Nipple Freaking Cold (Read 50 times)

B-Plus

Actually, you made it.

Lol! Check out my comments from yesterday's run!

B-Plus

onemile

The quality has been impressive though. Not sure how it will translate to the big boy (conditions being the X factor) but it's not like you are starting from scratch.

You are not too far removed from a pretty significant base of training and race which may play a part in the equation.

It's a harder course and who the F knows what the weather will be like.

I kinda feel like I was tricked into sort of marathon training. I like the workouts but could do without everything else.  (Mostly because of winter.  And also because I hate long runs.  And I know 15 miles isn't long to some of you but I would be happy never to run more than 10 in the winter).

onemile

I am banking on this myself.  Coach said I have good endurance but was lacking hard efforts.  My body won't magically forget that I ran 2600 miles last year.

I am looking forward to seeing how that works out. You seem to be getting faster.

LRB

My mileage ramps up to 54 this week so I hope I am ready for it. 

You have had a nice steady progression since September and have set yourself up well for the rigors of MRT.

lol at Scotty. You're funny dude!

It's good to see you running well Marj, and the pups too. Quincy wants to be a gazelle!

LRB

It's a harder course and who the F knows what the weather will be like.

I kinda feel like I was tricked into sort of marathon training. I like the workouts but could do without everything else.  (Mostly because of winter.  And also because I hate long runs.  And I know 15 miles isn't long to some of you but I would be happy never to run more than 10 in the winter).

I understand, and 15 miles is definitely long for me. That's a 2 hour run, and 2 hours is a long ass time to run!

Baboon

delicate flower

I am looking forward to seeing how that works out. You seem to be getting faster.

Well my first test will be a hilly HM next weekend (Feb 28).  I will not PR on that course, but a solid race would be nice.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I understand, and 15 miles is definitely long for me. That's a THREE hour run for Damaris....

Damaris

LRB

Right?!

happylily

Well my first test will be a hilly HM next weekend (Feb 28).  I will not PR on that course, but a solid race would be nice.

I was curious about the course. It is hilly, but the good news is that it has an overall negative elevation. Just make sure you don't run the downhills too hard and you should be fine. Maybe you'll even PR there.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

I would like to run a half right now. I think I feel in better shape than my last half but I'm not sure.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was curious about the course. It is hilly, but the good news is that it has an overall negative elevation. Just make sure you don't run the downhills too hard and you should be fine. Maybe you'll even PR there.

The LA Marathon has a overall negative elevation but the hills are so bad the downward part does not make up for it.

Having said that, Baboon, you are used to hills, so I am sure you will kill it.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Right?!

But I like going out for 3-4 hours.  I cannot wait until my LR this weekend.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good luck with that. My first (and only) HM in this cycle is March 8th and it's also very hilly. Bleh...

onemile

Now I want to find a half!