Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

DavePNW

I will eat my Garmin if Dave does any of that!

Ha! Too much pride, you know. It was hard today, but I appear to have survived. I did sort of want to walk my last couple recoveries though.

And oh yes, elbow sweat a-plenty. I did my post-run stretching outside, because my wife has been complaining lately about my sweat dripping all over the place when I come inside.

MTA: at least there was a reward for today's run - a glorious RD tomorrow!

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

DR

Simple rule of thumb probably works ok for some paces, but if I slapped 30-40 sec adjustment on my speedwork I would never pressure my Vdot or improve it.

% seems to work better for me in general as faster paces are affected less, but also at faster paces every second is more crucial than say a second at a 9 or 10 min/mile.

Some of my more strenuous workouts the adjustment is critical.  I may not be able to run intervals at 5:54,  but can *just* complete them at 6:15.   Where as a flat adjusted 6:24 or 6:34 would be way too easy.

happylily

Today's 5 easy felt like I was running the last 5 miles of a 5K.  Last two almost made me puke.  I checked my breathing capacity.  It's at 55%.  Not bad but my usual should be 62% (which already sucks).

One of my coworkers had a biopsy last Friday for a possible lump on her breast.  The doctor called today asking her to come in ASAP. She has breast cancer (not sure of the stage yet).  Very sad.

The last 5 miles of a 5k? Wow... you have long 5ks in Florida...  My breathing capacity is about 70% because of lung damage, so I feel for you, D.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Seems like the dewpoint here was somewhere around 66F. Not sure how that would work inside the garage, though. The same, higher or lower? I have no clue...

Ususally in a garage it feels more humid, doesn't it? More stuffy. Blah!

Cyberic

Oh, right.  Hot as fuck and miserable.

I would NEVER have guessed that one.

LRB

A month from now most of us will be wearing arm sleeves for our morning runs which will also be pitch black dark.  Sorry D, Scotty and Moon.

Cyberic

Broke in a pair of Adidas Supernova Glide 5 today. Bought them in a super online sale. Actually I was buying Mizuno Wave Riders 16 for 90$ CDN (excellent price for Canada) and had free shipping if my order was of 150$ or more. So I found the Adidas at 60$. They're heavy trainers, a bit narrow for my taste, but they felt good enough for them to enter in my shoe rotation which now consists of

2 pairs of Mizuno Wave Riders 16

1 pair Mizuno Wave Sayonara

1 pair NB 890V4

1 pair Adidas Supernova Glide 5

Zelanie

Instead of adjusting for temps, I am trying to wait for it to cool off.  It's down to 93.  But at least here in Oregon it does cool down when the sun sets.

LRB

Instead of adjusting for temps, I am trying to wait for it to cool off.  It's down to 93.  But at least here in Oregon it does cool down when the sun sets.

It went from 85 to 70 this evening when a storm rolled through.  Now that's WTF I am talking about!

LRB

2 pairs of Mizuno Wave Riders 16

1 pair Mizuno Wave Sayonara

1 pair NB 890V4

1 pair Adidas Supernova Glide 5

Nice!

What is the assigned task of each?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My dew point was 70 this morning and sweat was dripping from my elbows during my run!

Mine was like 73 so ha.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A month from now most of us will be wearing arm sleeves for our morning runs which will also be pitch black dark.  Sorry D, Scotty and Moon.

Pitch black dark yes, arm sleeves no.... so far the last few years between October and December it has bounced from 55-85 degrees so I am not going to hold my breath. Hell I was able to run naked on the trails last November, it was 78 degrees and then a few days later BAM - 30something temps.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Mine was like 73 so ha.

Pitch black dark yes, arm sleeves no....

Did you log online with the sole intent of disagreeing with me?

Did my tempo on the TM today, because it won't let me fall off pace.  4x(1mi HMP, .25mi jog), 8.27 total.  It had nothing to do with heat.  I love heat.  No complaining here.  Wink Polar Vortex stay away, neener neener poo poo. *does a little dance around the room*

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Did you log online with the sole intent of disagreeing with me?

Yes... no.... I also meant to tell you that cake looks delicious 

I've actually never worn arm sleeves though I've honestly thought about buying a pair.

PRs