Beginners and Beyond

Well it is the Wednesdailies. (Read 43 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury  to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. 18 days in a row. Rest is in order. I planned to run then realized I hadn't taken a rest day in that many days so no run.

Meetings until noon then off to the airport

Marjorie

LRB

Dueling Wednesdailies huh?  Cool!  Haven't had that on this site before.  ; )

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Great minds think a like as we posted at the same time!  I believe Basya turned hers to a question instead.

Marjorie

flarunner

Mornin' All!

I'm so confused. Did 8 this morning and saw a shooting star.

Have a great day everyone!

Marjorie, enjoy your well-earned rest day. An eighteen-day streak? Cool.

Rick, I changed my duplicate to a poll of how many times per week y'all run.

Marjorie, I wouldn't call my mind great. Not this early in the day, anyway.

flarunner, excellent eight already.

After awakening, I did forty push-ups, then 6.51 miles in 1:00:00. Easy, but sweaty, 9:13 pace in 51F and 94% humidity.

Morning all.

Yet another beautiful day here, our luck has to run out soon. 9.00 miles at 8:37 pace this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

delicate flower

Good morning and a Happy Wednesday to you!  Back to work this morning after a week in Florida.  YAY vacation!  BOO work!  I am a little surprised at how well my knee held up walking around Disney World all week.  It really only got sore once, and that was after being on my feet for about 13 hours one day.  I figured I'd need periodic stops and rest breaks, but I didn't need those at all.

Speaking of knees, I was all excited about finally running yesterday, but a touch of stomach bug and headache prevented that.  I spent most of the day sleeping instead.  I've done a few short walk/jog sessions on the TM just to get the knee used to it a little, but today I'll actually log a few miles for the first time.  I am very much looking forward to that.

Well off to do some work, I suppose.  Much to my surprise, it appears work survived without me. 

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Well, I have developed a cough now....seems the sinus congestion has gone to my chest. Crap. It is also pouring and thundering. I really need to run today though. Took a URD yesterday because of the cough but I really don't want to take another day off. Running with a cough....is that really that bad?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

BruceD555

MarjorieAnn3137- Thanks for kicking things off this morning. Wow, a RD - wonder if Scottydawg guessed 0 of the tenths today.

flarunner- Congrats on the early morning 8.

BasyaSpiliakos- Fine work on getting in the early morning run along with your ubiquitous morning push-ups.

DaveP MI- Nice job on knocking out the early morning 9 miles. I'm thinking you're right on the nice weather just being a temporary tease.

Baboon- Woohoo, welcome back from the land of the Mouse. Hope your first "official" run back is a great one. How long are you sentenced to the treadmill?

Well, I got in 7+ hilly miles last night with the RPs and for some reason the one guy (who normally keeps us eased back on pace) wanted to go ... go ... go at the start. Oh well, so much for the recovery pace. Today I have 5+ miles that I'll run sometime this evening after a busy day at work..

Train smart ... race smarter.

delicate flower

Baboon- Woohoo, welcome back from the land of the Mouse. Hope your first "official" run back is a great one. How long are you sentenced to the treadmill?

I can run outside right away, though showers are in the forecast and running in the rain at this point wouldn't be smart.  So, it'll be the treadmill by virtue of the weather.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Holy thunder and lightening Batman. I think all signs point to another URD. Coughing, thunder is literally shaking my apartment, and I just received a flash flood warning on my cell phone. I guess I will be sentenced to core, myrtl and strength work in my apartment. I am off work today because I have an 11am appointment with HR of my new job to get everything set up (turn in paperwork, fill out W2s, choose health insurance, ect) and I am NOT leaving til then!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! It's the big 3-0 for me today Smile I was supposed to bike 10 miles but I have a lot of work to do to get my product ready for Vermont at the end of the month (details very very soon) so I will be doing that all day (plus it is raining) but then dinner tonight which will end with the giantest cupcake ever Smile

Ball of Fury

Happy Birthday LJ!!!  And yes please on the giant cupcake!

Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance this morning....what a great workout!  Working a 32 hour shift...yay!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

delicate flower

Good morning everyone! It's the big 3-0 for me today Smile I was supposed to bike 10 miles but I have a lot of work to do to get my product ready for Vermont at the end of the month (details very very soon) so I will be doing that all day (plus it is raining) but then dinner tonight which will end with the giantest cupcake ever Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

<3