Beginners and Beyond

SUSPECT IDENTIFIED (Read 244 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

As the article mentioned, a guy in NY got beat up because he looked like an Arab and this guy had to go to the Feds to clear his name up.  My point is that people should stop speculating and sharing all these pictures as if they are really the suspects.  I have seen these all over FB as a fait accompli.  So lives can be ruined by rumors and I know some cases where it has.

I saw that other talk older guy with the jacket but since the reddit site like I said, used a small set of pictures, I am not going to make a conclusion.  A picture can look very incriminating and be totally innocent.

I just wish the FBI publishes the pics already so the sharing the wrong pics stopped.  Maybe they are the same guys, maybe they are not.

Thanks Damaris.

There is a picture of a different, older guy with a beard (brown in color) in a blue jacket who was carrying a black backpack that has circulated as well.  I thought at first that was the person you were referring to, but I agree that this kid looks like a runner or athlete.  Poor kid if he is not a suspect, indeed.  However, I think people who are saying his life has been ruined by this speculation are over-exaggerating.

Damaris

GC100k

Where do you get this from?  I have not seen a single thing on boston.com or cnn.com or anywhere else supporting this assertion.

see also:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/runners-fingered-as-bombing-suspects-875362

Hip Redux

And the NY Post updates their story.

Roll eyes

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have another.

http://gawker.com/5994892/your-guide-to-the-boston-marathon-bombing-amateur-internet-crowd+sleuthing

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This really make me sad.  Tackling a Saudi because of the way he looks, fingering these ones because of the race plus their bags, and forgetting it could be anybody in that area.  Women even.  A Caucasian even.

see also:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/runners-fingered-as-bombing-suspects-875362

Damaris

Hip Redux

This really make me sad.  Tackling a Saudi because of the way he looks, fingering these ones because of the race plus their bags, and forgetting it could be anybody in that area.  Women even.  A Caucasian even.

We have spoken a lot about making sure terrorists don't succeed in taking away our freedoms - well, that means the freedoms of others, too.    Can't forget that.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

stop spreading rumours. Please.

+1

(Also, hi TO, if that is indeed you!)

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

The news just about lost their minds when the FBI put up what looks to be possible photos being released.    Should be an interesting press conference - maybe with actual facts?

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

(Also, hi TO, if that is indeed you!)

hi Mandy, yep, it's me Wink

tracilynn

I know we shouldn't speculate or add to the rumor spreading but the  loner guy in the red shirt/blue sweater and back pack that looks just like the blown up back pack makes my internal alarm bells jump off the charts.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The feds released the pictures of what they call the only suspects.  None of the ones that have been all over the internet.  So, yes, people jumped the gun.

Although one is wearing the uniform for the day of black jacket, black bag, and tan pants.

Damaris

tracilynn

Wow, they do have some big back packs on, especially the first guy.  I would love to see the pic of the white hat guy placing something at the scene of bomb 2 (which they say they have but havent released)

~~~~~~~

Traci

Mostly harmless

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

These are pretty good images.  If the guys attempted to leave the country, they could be identified relatively easily.

But FBI can be wrong too, you know.