Beginners and Beyond

Rainy Sundalies (Read 49 times)

Everything hurts but for the first time in two years, I broke 5 hours again. Woot. And Deena Kastor handed me my medal (will post it tomorrow since I can’t post pics from my phone).

Nice!

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And Rupp will get all the press despite Hasay running the second fastest marathon ever by an American woman and breaking the US course record at Chicago.

From a Runner's World article:

Salazar, for one, is impressed—and a little surprised. Even though Hasay’s teammate, Galen Rupp, won the men’s race today, he said her performance was more impressive.

“I told Galen, ‘I’m glad you won, but if you have to say performer of the day for the Oregon Project, I got to give it to Jordan.’”

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

breadnatty08

Great job, Docket!  So cool on getting your medal from Kastor too.  

My Twitter feed is filled with trash talking on Rupp so I guess I'm following a different crowd.

Find me on Strava

Cyberic

Great job, Docket!  So cool on getting your medal from Kastor too.  

My Twitter feed is filled with trash talking on Rupp so I guess I'm following a different crowd.

Again, my lack of culture... but why would people talk shit about an American who won the Chicago marathon? Is Rupp unpopular? Did he ever get caught taking PEDs?

oldfartrunner

Great Job Damaris!  Nice LRs everyone!

onemile

Again, my lack of culture... but why would people talk shit about an American who won the Chicago marathon? Is Rupp unpopular? Did he ever get caught taking PEDs?

https://www.si.com/olympics/2017/02/25/alberto-salazar-banned-drugs-usada-report-investigation-nike

RunningOnSand

I haven't heard why they're talking trash about Rupp. 

D, awesome race!!!!

Cyberic

https://www.si.com/olympics/2017/02/25/alberto-salazar-banned-drugs-usada-report-investigation-nike

Ok. Thanks. It seems like a lot of top teams in any sport are looking for a "legal" edge that then becomes illegal. Not saying it is the case here, just that it is everywhere.

GEHamlin

Congrats racers!!!

Bread, is there a RR? I heard mention of your 50k... 🤔 👍

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Docket - Getting your medal from Deena Kastor is pretty amazing!! #lifegoals

Congrats to the racers this weekend!

7.60 today, to finish the week with 40. Super hot and humid, and I'm ready for a break in the temps.

GinnyinPA

6.5 drizzly miles. Not a bad run.

Coastal

Congrats racers!!!

Bread, is there a RR? I heard mention of your 50k... 🤔 👍

Inquiring minds want to know