Beginners and Beyond

LRBs post your Sept miles here Thread (Read 52 times)

happylily

I hate to interrupt this dialog by actually posting monthly miles. 136 for me, first time less than 150 since July of last year. Foot and knee problems kept the mileage down. almost a third of it was in one day at NC 24.

How is the knee now, George? Have you run at all since NC 24?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

How is the knee now, George? Have you run at all since NC 24?

I took off 2 days after NC 24 before trying to run again. The knee feels fine on shorter runs. The longest I've attempted is 7 miles. I'm doing PT twice a week along with stretches at home daily.  I had been hoping to run a 50K next weekend to celebrate my birthday, but I think I need to put those plans on hold. Unfortunately the calendar won't cooperate and I'll still have my birthday, just no 50K race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

The latter is probably the end result of your summer training and marathon.  But like me (and a dozen others here) you are an expert at injury and will figure it out.

WHAT summer training?!  The runner's knee screwed everything up, my training volume was laughably low... and I can't blame the ITBS on the marathon, because it didn't show up until three weeks later.

I'm cursed.    (Okay, not really.  But it feels like it.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Many injuries associated with a first marathon actually happen after it.

But of course that is not the case for everyone, just a select few of us.  NTIWKAAT  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But of course that is not the case for everyone, just a select few of us.  NTIWKAAT  

POST YOUR FUCKING MILES, EH?

Damaris

DavePNW

After I finished my first, I got the most massive calf cramp in history while walking back to the car. Sent me to the ground, had to beg some random stranger walking by to stretch it out for me. Chronic calf tightness for a long time after that.

Dave

LRB

B-Plus

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

GinnyinPA

happylily

I took off 2 days after NC 24 before trying to run again. The knee feels fine on shorter runs. The longest I've attempted is 7 miles. I'm doing PT twice a week along with stretches at home daily.  I had been hoping to run a 50K next weekend to celebrate my birthday, but I think I need to put those plans on hold. Unfortunately the calendar won't cooperate and I'll still have my birthday, just no 50K race.

Two days off doesn't sound like enough after 45 miles in one day and some knee pain. Please find another great way to celebrate, you need to give your knee a break! Could you find a 5k somewhere in your area?

happylily

After all the begging we had to do for it, now it seems anticlimactic. 

DavePNW

After all the begging we had to do for it, now it seems anticlimactic. 

TWSS.

Dave

happylily

TWSS.

Yeah, it came out weird...