Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 47 times)

DavePNW

Who knew? It's been years since I've heard Columbus Day even mentioned. I'd bet most people in the US have no idea that today is Columbus Day.

Except for those who celebrate it as Indigenous Peoples Day.

Dave

Runshortii

Chicago 2018 registration info is already out. They lowered the time qualifier for my age group to 3:30, so If I want to run it I would need to enter the lottery. Blah.

zzyzx

Except for those who celebrate it as Indigenous Peoples Day.

Even still, who really has it off? I just need to remember that there's no mail today.

DavePNW

Even still, who really has it off? I just need to remember that there's no mail today.

Yeah, nobody outside .gov. I was just being a smartass. Columbus is kind of a laughable guy to celebrate anyway, if you read about him.

Dave

Good Morning Runners!

Last week has been nuts at work and haven't had a chance to post my Dailies here. I need to catch up big time. Had a good training week last week...hard tempo this past Sunday. Really looking forward to seeing what I have in me for this Nov HM.

7mi easy 8:08 avg pace easy this morning.

Have a great day

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Baboon

delicate flower

I work for a hospital and we had it off up until 2015.  Then they took away the company holiday but we still get to use the PTO on another day.  It looks like half the building still took the day off.  The parking garage is barren.

<3

onemile

Now that I am checking, it looks like there is a nice running route near my hotel in Jerusalem and also in Tel Aviv.  Galilee, not so much

DavePNW

Now that I am checking, it looks like there is a nice running route near my hotel in Jerusalem and also in Tel Aviv.  Galilee, not so much

Ha, this is like the first thing I check whenever I book a hotel anywhere.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I work for a hospital and we had it off up until 2015.  Then they took away the company holiday but we still get to use the PTO on another day.  It looks like half the building still took the day off.  The parking garage is barren.

Lucky. We lost President's Day about 8-10 years ago because the other area hospitals didn't give it as a holiday. I work for an affiliate of the largest one in the area, so not sure why they can't set the trend.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You should have decent marathon weather, unlike, say Detroit.  Or Hartford (glad I am not doing the full).

Thanks for mentioning Detroit.  it's because I'll be there, of course.  You should be warned about Space Coast then, ha.

Damaris

onemile

Ha, this is like the first thing I check whenever I book a hotel anywhere.

I do if it's in the middle of training. A couple weeks post marathon I figured I'd just take an extended break

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Chicago 2018 registration info is already out. They lowered the time qualifier for my age group to 3:30, so If I want to run it I would need to enter the lottery. Blah.

Most people that enter the lottery get in.  Case in point, me.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

You should be warned about Space Coast then, ha.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish the government would switch Columbus Day with the day after THanksgiving.  We work the day after Thanksgiving, WTF.  That would be a better holiday than today.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You can't say I didn't warn you...

But maybe you coming might help for the first time in 5 years.

Damaris