Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - Nipple Freaking Cold (Read 50 times)

happylily

Wait, we might have NYCM.  Wish me luck!  I assume you ended up signing up for it?

No. I'm on sabbatical for a year. I'll be pacing my SO in the Army Half 5k in Ottawa. He wants to beat his best friend there. Shouldn't be too difficult, his friend wrote down a predicted finish time of 38:00 on the registration form..

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

FYP

Surprisingly, I have been a good boy about that this year. 

Hip Redux

Surprisingly, I have been a good boy about that this year. 

Yeah, I basically was talking through you as me.  :P   One treadmill run this year, and that was one too many.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes, yes, yes.

Running in the cold and dark and snow is fun when it's new.  And you feel badass.  Once that newness wears off you just feel like a dumbass.

Long runs are fun when they are the furthest you've ever run and they are a challenge to complete.  After that they are boring.

I used to always want to run and run more. Now I've had my fill and I wish I didn't have to run so much.  

Hell, I wish I had your "I wish I didn't have to run so much" attitude, I WANT to run and I don't even get the kind of weekly mileage you do lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Treadmill. Again. 20 minutes easy, 6 x 1 minute hill at a tough effort, 3 minutes recover, 20 minutes easy. This was the first work out in a long time I walked the recovery between intervals. My treadmill has 3 incline settings. To change them, I have to stop, fold it up, move the bar & pins, then set it back up again. So dropping the incline between between intervals was not happening.

happylily

10 miles, 7:38 pace overall, a mix of some easy and some faster miles. Now I need to go to bed, I think I'm starting a cold. When it's not one thing...

happylily

Treadmill. Again. 20 minutes easy, 6 x 1 minute hill at a tough effort, 3 minutes recover, 20 minutes easy. This was the first work out in a long time I walked the recovery between intervals. My treadmill has 3 incline settings. To change them, I have to stop, fold it up, move the bar & pins, then set it back up again. So dropping the incline between between intervals was not happening.

How old is your TM? It sounds a bit primitive to have to stop to set an incline...

Half Crazy K 2.0

How old is your TM? It sounds a bit primitive to have to stop to set an incline...

Not a clue, we've had it a few years. A neighbor asked DH to help him take it to the dump. It wound up in our basement instead.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

It's good to see you running well Marj, and the pups too. Quincy wants to be a gazelle!

He just lops along like it is no big deal.  Just a strol in the park for him. Poor Hammy was not so lucky

Marjorie

B-Plus

Decided that I'll head out for the progression.

2 mi wu

10 starting @ mp+40 and cutting 10 every 2 miles

2 mi cd

Shouldn't be too taxing since I will only get up to MP.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7 miles done, 3 with hubby, 4 sluggish ones.  It was still 77F on a rare Miami Winter day.  Asthma reminded me what's to come ha.

Damaris

Hi, everyone. I hope that y'all have had a good day.

Ugh. I'm done with this cold. The first person to complain about how hot Boston is during the summer will get the stink eye from me.

Yesterday, I did fifty minutes of intervals. Today, I only did thirty minutes before work. After work, I did weights and forty-five minutes on the AMT. I'm on my way home to do an work and push-ups.

Tonight, while doing cardio, I realized that I'll be in Jerusalem for both Easters. That+Passover=I wonder if the city will be a clusterf***.

onemile

9 miles with 7x1k at 6:36, 90 second recoveries.