Beginners and Beyond

Speak softly and carry a big DAILIES (Read 46 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's only on the main page, in the dailies we do whatever we want to do.  If you want to keep BQing, go for it!

Lily, I meant to say yesterday that maybe that condition is what has been causing your latest woes with running (changes in pace, tiredness, etc.).  Thoughts?  If so, I am sure you will find a way to cope.

Damaris

happylily

Lily, I meant to say yesterday that maybe that condition is what has been causing your latest woes with running (changes in pace, tiredness, etc.).  Thoughts?  If so, I am sure you will find a way to cope.

It crossed my mind. But I don't want to start using that as an excuse for my shitty intervals, since I have none of the symptoms yet associated with PH. Yes, my heart wants out of my mouth when I do my 5k intervals, but isn't it true for everyone?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

It crossed my mind. But I don't want to start using that as an excuse for my shitty intervals, since I have none of the symptoms yet associated with PH. Yes, my heart wants out of my mouth when I do my 5k intervals, but isn't it true for everyone?

Yes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, but I thought you were having issues with other paces as well or with training in general.  That could be a result of the lung "damage".  But you need to test your breathing capacity to know for sure.

Damaris

meaghansketch

Pilates for an hour, then 4 miles on the TM to try my new turbine (ahem, fan).  Man, I felt like I was running with a headwind, ha.

What kind of fan did you get, Damaris?  I don't have AC in the living room where my treadmill is, so I think I'm going to need at least a better fan this summer.

10.7 miles with the team, including ~20 minutes of continuous hill repeats.

outoftheblue

Late again to the Dailies party.   Just finished up 6.76 miles, which makes 10  consecutive days of running.  My longest streak, but it ends tomorrow.  I need a RD.

Tom -- Sorry to hear about the surgery.  But at least you have answers and hopefully this will resolve it.

Lily -- That's a smoking outfit.  I'm not sure I could carry it off, but I know you can.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What kind of fan did you get, Damaris?  I don't have AC in the living room where my treadmill is, so I think I'm going to need at least a better fan this summer.

10.7 miles with the team, including ~20 minutes of continuous hill repeats.

I bought it at BJ's Wholesale.  The brand is Polar Aire.  Here is a picture:

Yes, that is a yoga mat.  Rubio would otherwise scratch the whole belt.

Damaris

Hip Redux

That's like one of those fans they use with a flooded basement to dry up the water.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's like one of those fans they use with a flooded basement to dry up the water.  lol

Every time I turn it on, Rubio and Sammy run for their lives.  I finally have a fan that can dry my sweat.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Every time I turn it on, Rubio and Sammy run for their lives.  I finally have a fan that can dry my sweat.

No wonder, they are worried about getting sucked in

meaghansketch

Thank you! I think you've just solved two of my problems in a single picture Big grin (One of my cats also thinks the treadmill belt makes a nice surface to scratch)

I bought it at BJ's Wholesale.  The brand is Polar Aire.  Here is a picture:

Yes, that is a yoga mat.  Rubio would otherwise scratch the whole belt.