Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES are rockin'... (Read 35 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

And I mean that literally. DW and I were awoken by a 6.0 earthquake at 3:20 this morning and the power is still out. Let's hope the race is not cancelled. That would be bad. That could make for a very long drive home.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Where the hell is everybody else? This is the dailies thread right, no the penguin thread?

Well fuckadoodle-DOO that sucked lol, but by GOD I fucking did it damn it, my first 20 miles and longest run so far 

Granted this was a very slow one, and there was walking involved especially between mile 14 and 16, along with the humidity I was dealing with tight quads and achy feet.

But I fucking ran 20 miles damn it!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

And I mean that literally. DW and I were awoken by a 6.0 earthquake at 3:20 this morning and the power is still out. Let's hope the race is not cancelled. That would be bad. That could make for a very long drive home.

I've only felt minor, small earthquakes - barely noticeable. Stay safe.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

PADRunner

Hope it's not. Goof luck to all!

Cyberic

That would really suck Jack.

FS, a true heartfelt congrats on the 20 miles.

24.4 km today. - 15 miles. Had no spring in my legs. Managed to pretty much hit my pace (5:12/km with a target of 5:10/km), and managed to make the second half of my run faster than the first half (I almost always try to do that), but the increased mileage of this past week was showing I think. That's what training is for!!!

LRB

'Sup!

The most gratifying feeling ever is dropping out of marathon pace, it's as if you were flying all that time!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That would really suck Jack.

FS, a true heartfelt congrats on the 20 miles.

24.4 km today. - 15 miles. Had no spring in my legs. Managed to pretty much hit my pace (5:12/km with a target of 5:10/km), and managed to make the second half of my run faster than the first half (I almost always try to do that), but the increased mileage of this past week was showing I think. That's what training is for!!!

Thanks Smile I am definitely feeling it right now. But hopefully if I am doing everything correctly, I'll be feeling much better by this evening.... hopefully.

PRs

Cyberic

Thanks Smile I am definitely feeling it right now. But hopefully if I am doing everything correctly, I'll be feeling much better by this evening.... hopefully.

LRB

I do not know, I think I was miserable after my first.  lol  Of course you did say if you are doing it correctly so maybe I did not. 

I took a page from my girl Step and walked last week after my longest run of the season as she had done after one of her marathons.  I think it actually helped the recovery for me.

Zelanie

Stalking Jack and Mrs. K this morning shows that Mrs. K crossed the HM split about 30 sec ahead of her needed BQ pace.  Jack seems to be jogging this one, as planned, and hopefully is having a good time.

Congrats, Andrea!

I have 10 easy planned for some point today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 16 miles with 5 @ MP. Didn't do the 6th mile at MP because it was 96F at the end.  Tried to hop on the TM for the last 6 but it was making some weird noise so hubby sent me back outside until he fixed it.  He fixed it when I finished mile 15, so I just ran the last one slow on the TM.  The run was all by HR, including the MP miles and the MP paces ended up great (my coach will be happy).  He'll adjust for weather and he'll then be REALLY happy.  Now off to Chevy's with my neighbor/friend/kitty sitter.

Congrats on the 20, Andrea.

Jack, stay safe.  And good luck with the race!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stalking Jack and Mrs. K this morning shows that Mrs. K crossed the HM split about 30 sec ahead of her needed BQ pace.  Jack seems to be jogging this one, as planned, and hopefully is having a good time.

Congrats, Andrea!

I have 10 easy planned for some point today.

Go, Mr. and Mrs. Klompus!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks guys.

LRB, I guess the saying "no pain, no gain" might be true?

What's the weather like for everyone else? I am sure nobody has it as bad as D's crappy state, Florida can suck it damn it 

PRs

Good luck Mr. & Mrs. Klompus!

Congrats on the 20, FS.

18 miles this morning at 8:42 avg pace, last mile at 7:53.

According to Hanson my LR's should be around 8:48. As usual my average pace is somewhat misleading, due to my typical exceedingly long warmup time. Miles 1-4 were all >9:00, 5-9 were 8:40-8:50, 10-17 were pretty steady 8:30ish.

Got me up to 70.3 for the week, a PB. Also my first time >10 hours.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dude, I am hoping I do much better as it gets colder lol. And taking clothing off, especially a sports bra... is just freaking awful after a long run in humid weather lol.

PRs