Beginners and Beyond

Sleeping in SUNDAILIES (Read 37 times)

meaghansketch

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

meaghansketch

Heading out in a minute (I swear!) for 4 recovery miles.  It's sad that 8 am counts as sleeping in for me!

B-Plus

I'm up, I'm up.

Enjoy the recovery miles, meaghan. I'm thinking about strapping on the ol' hydration belt for today's run.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A good morning to all and September, I got 10.2 miles in this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Happy Sunday, people.

meghansketch, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your recovery run.

B-Plus, have a pleasant run.

FreeSoul87, terrific 10.2.

In a bit, I'll head to the gym to do a LR of undetermined distance on the TM. Perhaps I'll also do easy weights while I'm there.

I'll have to keep my pace slow, around 10:00 to 9:50. I'm on the mend for a nasty bout of bronchitis. My tailbone is still a bit ********.

Later.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  20 miles done.  They were my fastest 20 miler with the exception of a paced one I did with progressive paces last year.  Very happy.

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

Wow, D, nice job on the 20.

Me, I'm sleeping in.  Think this cold is passing, but I still feel like crap.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Wow - there are some motivated runners here this morning.  10 miles in before 9am, 20 before 10am.   Great job.

Today was interval day.  Plan called for 3 800s at 5.24. I did them as half mile segments by my Garmin.  Came in at 4:59, 4:51 & 4:26.  Faster than planned, but then they were based off a race on a really hot day, so maybe an average of 4:45 was what I should have been aiming for.  At my fitness level, the predictions are not exactly a precise science.

Happy running!

LRB

15 miles complete in 2:08:32.

I ran with a GU for the first time on a long run and had my first shot at mile 7.5, then another squig at mile 11.5.  I did not finish it but found that having it in my hand oddly gave me something to think about other than the run.

The point of trying it is not for energy during the run, but to see how my body responds to it.  That said, it seems to agree with me, but I found today that the pin I used to attach it to my shorts, is way to small to be dickin' around with during my marathon.  I am thinking I may carry three during the event, but we will see...

The skies opened up the last mile, and my only question to that is what took them so long.

9:03

8:43

8:31

8:30

8:34

8:28

8:29

8:31

8:28

Jess runs for bacon

Sup dailies? 9 miles done, started at 95% humidity. Horrid horrid horrid. Did a run/walk of 5:1 to compensate, wasn't enough and only got 9 out of my 12 done. Jumped in the creek when I was done though, it was like an ice bath. I kind if wish I had been wearing not my brand new sneakers, I would have jumped in while running and gotten a second win. Just bought these though. May try for the remaining three after a nap, maybe not.

Ric-G

meaghan - that's sleeping in for me too

bplus - have a good run

free - nice 10

basya - heal up

D - nice job on the 20 miler

jjs - sleep it off

granite - predictions are never precise; nice intervals

lrb - logistics of keeping a gel can be a pain...nice 15

lilac - good job in that humidity

ran 17 this AM is oh so slightly less humidity...first 12 @8.:35 and last 5 @7:50. now off to other duties. glad tomorrow is an off day. have a great sunday everyone.

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

Morning!  Ran 4 recovery miles today.

Meaghan- We are running twins today!

B+ - Hope the run went well!

FreeSoul- Nice run!

Basya- Hope that your TM LR goes well!  Glad you're getting over the bronchitis.

D- Rocked it!

jjs- Feel better!

Granite- Nice intervals!  I think that since you were able to finish your last one as your fastest one that the pace was probably good for you!

LRB- Nice LR!  That reminds me of my last few LRs before my half.  I had my water in a handheld and I would switch hands every mile, plus I had a GU in the pouch to take at certain times.  So there was pretty much something to do always coming up.

Jess- Sounds like a good way to end the run!  Glad you preserved the shoes for a little longer too. Smile

Ric- Nice miles!

B-Plus

I ran with a GU for the first time on a long run and had my first shot at mile 7.5, then another squig at mile 11.5.

Me too. At least the first time in several years. I even ran with them last weekend without taking them, just to see how they would feel in my pockets.

The point of trying it is not for energy during the run, but to see how my body responds to it.  

Me too. I need the third one - or really any of them - but the point was just to see how my body reacts. In other words, I wanted to make sure I don't get the shits.

I used a hydration belt. I didn't like it, especially all that extra weight and sound of liquid bouncing around at the beginning.

20 miles @ 7:36

Damaris, terrific twenty.

jjs22, feel well soon.

granite_running, awesome intervals.

Rick, bravo on the fifteen.

lilac_jive, nice sweaty nine-miler.

Ric-G, bravo on the seventeen.

Zelanie, I'm glad that your recovery run went well.

B-Plus, smokin' twenty.

Because I've barely eaten the past few days, I decided to do a LR tomorrow. I did light weights and seven miles on the TM at 6.1mph (9:50) in 1:08:50. It felt OK. It would have let better, had I eaten.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

RnR is done, and so am I! lol  Why do we race in weather like this?  Dewpoint was 74*, 99% humidity.  As if that wasn't bad enough, I had to sabotage myself with too much coffee this morning.  I never drink coffee before a race, not sure why I decided to today, but a half pot (two cup, but we have really big cups lol) was definitely a bad idea.  I still knocked 11mins off my time from last year in similar weather, so that's good, would have been even quicker without the GI issues.  I'll get a RR up in a bit.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!