Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #111 (Read 28 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! RD for me.

Don't forget to tune in for the Boston Marathons that started at 6am EST. I just remembered so tuned in just as Meb was crossing the finish line.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran 10 /w 10 x 10s hill sprints

LRB

My first pot of coffee lacked water, let's try this again...

bluerun

Super B****

Hi people... been a while, it's best to stay away in periods of extreme mental mutiny. (Yeah, I'm always a psychological mess, but things get messier when the world is imploding around you. A guy from down the street, whom I often saw returning from his morning run as I was heading out on mine, died last week. The day of the funeral, I found out that the majority of my co-workers are being furloughed -- pure dumb luck that my immediate department escaped it, but if this goes on long enough, that might not hold out. My neighborhood has been really hard hit by this virus, and my brothers are local EMTs/paramedics, so I'm not freaked out at all. Lies.)

But I thought of you people today since I should be in Boston, where, of course, it is perfect marathon weather. Not that I could run a good marathon right now if you paid me, but I'm going to go out later and attempt to run 2.62 at GMP. What a joke that will be...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hugs, blue. You know, our kind of hugs.

Damaris

LRB

Hi people...

👋

For a "random occuring act of nature", the C19 ax has been swinging with surgical precision...

Amazon is building a huge warehouse here, and my services will be required soon. Our guidelines require 10 feet of clearance from all personnel and the use of PPE; I approve.

onemile

Hi people... been a while, it's best to stay away in periods of extreme mental mutiny. (Yeah, I'm always a psychological mess, but things get messier when the world is imploding around you. A guy from down the street, whom I often saw returning from his morning run as I was heading out on mine, died last week. The day of the funeral, I found out that the majority of my co-workers are being furloughed -- pure dumb luck that my immediate department escaped it, but if this goes on long enough, that might not hold out. My neighborhood has been really hard hit by this virus, and my brothers are local EMTs/paramedics, so I'm not freaked out at all. Lies.)

that's tough 

KCRuns

But I thought of you people today since I should be in Boston, where, of course, it is perfect marathon weather. Not that I could run a good marathon right now if you paid me, but I'm going to go out later and attempt to run 2.62 at GMP. What a joke that will be...

I'm sorry, Blue, that's a rough few weeks, but I'm glad to see you here, I've wondered how you're doing.

KCRuns

I was not feeling good yesterday and my muscles were quite unhappy and I was going to take a rest day today, but I know that moving every day is good, especially when I'm sitting so much at home.

So I picked a workout for today that looked easy and had run/walk intervals that would be in the "recovery" category.  I picked good.  It was set outside of Lisbon, Portugal and turned out to be day 1 of a beginner runner series (like couch to 5k).  Not only was it beautiful (the camera person did great!), but I got some good reminders from the trainer about all the running fundamentals that we know, but it's always good to get the reminder.  Of course, in all of these workouts, you can adjust your settings to go faster or slower, but I just followed what he was doing and it was just what I needed.  I feel much better overall!  I may continue this series on recovery days. Anyway, the run/walk was 2.0 miles total easing my way into Monday.

I followed some advice from Docket and made adjustments to the tread and did a calibration thingy and I think that helped a lot as well.  Nothing felt as hard today as the last few days.  Thanks, Docket!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No problem!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll probably run an easy 3 tonight.

In other news, I can now do 3 pull-ups at a time, I just have to come all the way down after each one and stand on my tippy toes, not sure why...  but hey, I can do 3 and that's more than what I could do in January.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

KCRuns

I'll probably run an easy 3 tonight.

In other news, I can now do 3 pull-ups at a time, I just have to come all the way down after each one and stand on my tippy toes, not sure why...  but hey, I can do 3 and that's more than what I could do in January.

Nice!

LRB

I jogged for 30 minutes.

I could've extended it but decided to come home and do some lengthening stuff, not to be confused with stretching.

sdWhiskers

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, possible text that says 'And what new new skills did you acquire during self-quarantine? quaran'