Beginners and Beyond

A conversation about RWOL, the beginners forum, L&O as was and anyone else who wants to join in. (Read 273 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It isn't and you know it.  No matter what your comments in L&O are.

Are you trying to say that it isn't this way here, now in B&B?

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

The other thing I've noticed over the years is that there's always a certain portion of every forum that complains about the moderators.  Then, one of the people who complains becomes a moderator, and you hear the same complaints.  It's weird because I've been a member of so many forums, AND I'VE NEVER BEEN "MODERATED"...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I mean, if it wasn't, some of you that have engaged in personal attacks towards me wouldn't be here, wouldn't you.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's because you behave like an adult.

The other thing I've noticed over the years is that there's always a certain portion of every forum that complains about the moderators.  Then, one of the people who complains becomes a moderator, and you hear the same complaints.  It's weird because I've been a member of so many forums, AND I'VE NEVER BEEN "MODERATED"...lol

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Except tonight.  Doody-head.  Big grin

That's because you behave like an adult.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Supersono99

It isn't and you know it.  No matter what your comments in L&O are.

That is complete bullshit and you know it or you are in some serious denial.

MrNamtor

Even the target should sit by and watch this occur without taking action.  I've had the internet long enough to understand that when people don't respond on the internet, then it's like it never happened and the troll gets bored and goes to another forum.  I've never seen a running forum successfully figure this out, but general forums know the phrase, "Don't feed the troll".  If you don't like what someone says, then don't read it.  If you do read it, don't respond.  It's the INTERNET, and everyone's a tough guy, but it doesn't mean anything if nobody gets upset about it.

You are speaking true words here for sure.

I'm talking more though about when an entire forum or web site changes or begins to infiltrate and change another forum.

Yeah, it's the internet and if you don't like a forum or a website or whatever you can just leave and it's not going to ruin your life or even make a damned bit of difference one way or the other, in fact you'll probably be better off.

It's just interesting how the dynamics are similar to what sometimes happens in a country or region (like the rise of totalitarianism or brutality, and then of course it's way more serious and you can't just ignore it).

But you're right about what you say regarding trolls. I know it, but i sometimes forget.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Wwwhhhaaaaaaatttt????

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

MrNamtor

That is complete bullshit and you know it or you are in some serious denial.

mods are very fair here. there are people that come here that should have been banned long ago by any standards, and have not been.

Damaris is the  OWNER of this forum, and people come on here and talk complete crap to her. And they are still not banned. Right there this says something.

LRB

Damaris is the  OWNER of this forum, and people come on here and talk complete crap to her. And they are still not banned. Right there this says something.

Truth be told, she has never banned anyone or asked that anyone be banned.  I was responsible for the recent spat of bannings (sp?), and it's actually a pretty funny story of how that came about, but there is too much hate going on here for anyone to laugh.

One day a million years from now when we're all surfing on the 'net in nursing homes, I'll tell it.  Until then, the venom, vitriol and dredging up of old or fictitious stories that have no basis in fact is old and busted.

SheCan

mods are very fair here. there are people that come here that should have been banned long ago by any standards, and have not been.

+1  That's true.  But then again, I rarely pay much attention at all to what the mods are doing.  I behave like I would in any other setting (real or virtual), and have not been banned, censored, whatever.  I think for the most part, people just need to take a deep breath when they're upset here, and walk away if it gets too much.  It's not that we're not defending those we care about, it's that it's rarely worth the argument.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Just B.S.

You know I have been on this forum since the RW exodus and on RW before that since 2010  and I haven't

seen people talking crap to Damaris like it is a regular thing.

I have seen it referenced during discussions like this but have never seen it (except in the Dizzy situation that

I believe was a personality conflict and between the two of them). And I think to keep bringing it up just keeps

stirring the pot. I have seen people disagree with her and others and since I think  this is a democracy I believe

everyone has that right as long as it remains fairly civil.

I have seen crap said about a lot of people but the sensitivity toward it seems to be weighed by whom it is

directed toward.   I also haven't noticed many people who should be banned. I remember the J Park situation

but that was clearly something that had to be done and needed to be dealt with quickly in order to keep him

from harassing unsuspecting women.

What is driving people away from these forums is a lot of the hypocrisy that goes on, not the straight talk or

spirited debates.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm here until 11 people.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

No.  As owner of the website Eric is the owner of this forum.  Damaris may have created this group within the greater website and exercise some modicum of moderation control over day to day postings.  But she doesn't own it.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.