Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday DAILIES (Read 37 times)

Hi dailies:

Candy corn is just OK.  I'll eat a few pieces if they're in front of me, but otherwise meh.   I won't be home to hand out candy, but it's doubtful that many kids will be out on a dark and sparsely populated rural road anyway.

My "neighbor" does have a really cool display though, with lit skeletons, graves, bodies and bats hanging from the rafters of his barn, etc.

Warm and sunny day off, woot.  LRish thing in a bit, then a grocery trip and the makings of some sort of costume.  There's a baseball game of certain importance tonight as well.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dead

I like black licorice. I like black jelly beans even more. Send your extras to Minnesota.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi dailies:

Candy corn is just OK.  I'll eat a few pieces if they're in front of me, but otherwise meh.   I won't be home to hand out candy, but it's doubtful that many kids will be out on a dark and sparsely populated rural road anyway.

My "neighbor" does have a really cool display though, with lit skeletons, graves, bodies and bats hanging from the rafters of his barn, etc.

Warm and sunny day off, woot.  LRish thing in a bit, then a grocery trip and the makings of some sort of costume.  There's a baseball game of certain importance tonight as well.

WHAT?  How can we be friends after this?Angry

Damaris

B-Plus

4 pages of candy corn? I guess I should give it a try.

SRD

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, they do have pretty short coats. Rocky has a bit longer/rougher coat so he won't have too much issues with running this winter, it will be summer where I'll need to be careful as he has black fur and could overheat easily.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

+1

I open up the forum...and four pages already. I guess we can file the pros and cons of candy corn under "1st world topic." I will eat candy corn if it's in front of me, like just about anything, but I tend to avoid too much of anything bad. Scotty's witch toe jam picture said it all.

4 miles later followed by a halloween party for my youngest with his tkd class. have a great day all!

4 pages of candy corn? I guess I should give it a try.

SRD

marathon pr - 3:16

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Mm, had a mini snickers and mini Milky Way Midnight (the dark chocolate coating is best!) last night.  Good fuel for morning run.

I was PISSED OFF this run because my running buddy stood me up so I went maaaybe a little too fast.

5 miles, 7:58 average pace, grumpy mood.

But that is OK, tomorrow I get to see my aunt's amazing professional-makeup-artist gargoyle costume and watch the Halloween parade. Yay!  Sry no time for personals... stupid jerk made me all late on my schedule.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB

My husband still struggles with it and every time he goes to the doctor, he gets told he should be working out.   My husband is a 3:20 marathoner and completed his first half Iron Man this year.    lol

I have gotten the lecture so often that I know it by heart, but what's really bizarre though is the more I do to lower it, the fuckin' higher it gets!

I began yearly physicals at age 40 and it was something around 204.  It has increased each year (as have my fitness exploits) and last year it was 220, which includes a period where I worked out 510 days consecutively!  But trying to explain to the doc that it is what it is is like talking to a brick wall.

One year he left two messages for me to call him immediately, when I checked the messages I was so frickin terrified I thought I had some terminal illness.  When he finally came to the phone after what seemed like hours (it was only a few seconds) to tell me my cholesterol was at 210 or whatever it was, I could have beat him in the head with an iron skillet!

outoftheblue

My dog keeps running into the back room whenever I cheer/shout/clap at sports.   We started "silent cheering" - which is a lot of fist pumping and mouths open with no sound.  It's like sports watching from the silent movie era.

Very funny!  I'm not sure if we have that kind of restraint to pull it off at our house.

Life is good.

outoftheblue

Last year DH cholesterol came back high.  He was already pretty active and didn't want to go on drugs, so we focused entirely on changes to our diet.  We had three rules 1) sharply limit high cholesterol foods; 2) still make sure we full enjoyed all our meals; and 3) never make any food completely taboo, just make it a rare treat.   A year later, he is back in the normal range.  He lost almost 20 lbs and I lost 13.  That test was best thing that could have happen for us, health-wise.    I never thought I would say this, but the fattier, creamier dishes we used to enjoy don't even appeal to me any more.  I like what I'm cooking better now.  We got so much more creative with our cooking without the crutches of butter, cheese and cream to fall back on.

Life is good.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Again, sorry about your grandfather.

Docket, I appreciate the sentiment. I appreciate everyone here for their thoughts during this time. I hope I can repay it going forward because the people on this forum have been very kind.

- Andrew

LRB

Hey everybody, I just stooped to down (like a lunge) to check a wall receptacle leading with my left leg, something I have not done in over 8 weeks!  I did it like it was second nature, and didn't even realize it until I walked away!  I was like, "Oh my God, wait, did I just...", then I did it again!

I am so happy, yay!  Cool

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yay for no pain, Jimmy.  Maybe that's your strategy from now on before a run, do that Jillian thingy.

Your body is going through withdrawals, Oski, with no exercise.  I read somewhere that you just can't stop suddenly. Just like you have to build up to running so many miles, if you have to stop, you should downsize gradually.  Of course, when you get injured and have to stop suddenly, this can throw a monkey-wrench into your system cuz you've gotten so used to doing exercising and running that suddenly stopping makes it go a bit nutso for a while.   Are you able to walk?  If so, might I suggest about an hour or so before bedtime maybe just do a nice easy walk around your neighborhood, if it is safe.   That always helps me sleep.

Glad you met a friendly Dobie, Free Soul.  His human must be treating him right.

I like candy corn, LRB...but candy corn oreos?  Dead   Hey, nice news about your leg!

Yeah, I forgot about Lacer, Step.  Whatever happened to her?  Dang, Step, two-a-days so quick back-to-back?  You're becoming hard-core!

Sorry about your grandfather, Andrew.

outoftheblue, if you're running on the golf course, be sure there are no golfers out there.  They can be really territorial about their turf....and some of them have pretty darn good aim with those golf balls.  It ain't no fun getting bonked in the head by  a golf ball.  Not that I'd know personally, of course......   Roll eyes   Joking   And.. go Boston!

Congrats on your results, Marjorie!  Mine are not so good as yours...can I have a blood transfusion from you? Wink

Good luck with your LRish run, Jay!

Happy 4-miles, Ric, and enjoy the halloween party.   Now just watch,they'll put some candy corn in front of you....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I like black licorice. I like black jelly beans even more. Send your extras to Minnesota.

Well, that makes sense...since Minnesota is the black hole of the US.....freezing state with Grumpy Old Men up there....no wonder that state has the longest life-span of people in the US....cuz y'all live in a flippin' icebox...staying "preserved" !  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey everybody, I just stooped to down (like a lunge) to check a wall receptacle leading with my left leg, something I have not done in over 8 weeks!  I did it like it was second nature, and didn't even realize it until I walked away!  I was like, "Oh my God, wait, did I just...", then I did it again!

I am so happy, yay!  Cool

Great news, LRB!

Damaris