Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES!! Lets do this! (Read 43 times)

Good Morning Runners 

Another cool one out there but I'm not complaining. Shorts, singlet, arm sleeves felt about right. Tough one this morning. Couldn't seem to find 10k effort/pace?

2mi UP

4x1mi w 2:00JR (Target 6:15-12).   Splits 6:28 (Effort a little too easy...Wake up!!) 6:11, 6:07, 6:05

3mi Easy

My butt is kicked

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

Good morning Jay and everyone else!

Commuted. Wore my long sleeves, but shouldn't have. Not bad, but ideally I should have went with short sleeves, and a thin pair of gloves. That would have been perfect.

delicate flower

HOORAY COLD WEATHER!!    39 degrees for my run this morning...shorts weather, but light gloves and a beanie required as well, although the beanie is more to make the headlamp a little more comfortable.  It was dark (obviously) and near the end of my run I saw another headlamp standing on the side of trail so I grunted "Hi" to which this person replied "It's your wife!"  lol oops didn't notice her.  Aaaanyway, 5 miles at marathon pace which we'll call a moderate effort.  Hopefully I can run moderate effort for 26.2 miles.

<3

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I saw another headlamp standing on the side of trail so I grunted "Hi" to which this person replied "It's your wife!"  lol oops didn't notice her. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What is this cold weather you speak of?  There is a cold front in FL, but apparently, we didn't get the memo.  But it's only 85F so not complaining too much.

My dad is flying in from PR, if the flight is not canceled.  It's a sad situation there when your father who never wanted to leave is coming in on a one way ticket.  It will be nice to see him, though, but he's lost a lot of weight he says, from the lack of food and power.

Anyway, I have 4 miles tonight.  Might lift some weights too.

Damaris

onemile

Last year they screwed up the Milwaukee Marathon course and everyone ran .6 miles too far.  This year it looks like they screwed up again but this time it was short.  

http://fox6now.com/2017/10/17/25-5-miles-internal-investigation-into-milwaukee-marathon-after-runner-concerns/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's ridiculous.

Damaris

Apparently us white guys are gonna die of heart disease if we exercise more than 7hrs a week. Sounds like some bs to me. It's some new study that came out today. Anyone see it? Well it's good I don't run to live longer

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

I ran 7 with Mars and that cool looking moon visible in the eastern sky again (I didn't see Venus). During the 2nd mile, I remembered how bad I wanted a picture of them yesterday so I picked up the pace and tried to get back in time to take a shot, but I was too late. The sun was up, the moon was gone and the moment had passed. I blew it.

LRB

Good morning Jay and everyone else!

Commuted. Wore my long sleeves, but shouldn't have. Not bad, but ideally I should have went with short sleeves, and a thin pair of gloves. That would have been perfect.

Sometimes there's an adjustment period during the change of seasons. You'll get it.

KCRuns

Good morning!  4.6 miles run commute.  I haven't decided yet if I have it in me to put the clothes back on and run home.  But I don't have a coat at work and it will be chilly getting home if I don't.  We'll see how I feel at the end of the day.  Legs felt heavy from yesterday's lower body workout.  It was feels like mid-40s, so I wore long sleeves and capris.  I'm glad Fall is finally here, this is my favorite running weather!

Back to business. 4 miles, pretty stiff at the start, but ended up feeling really good.

Dave

RunningOnSand

HOORAY COLD WEATHER!!    39 degrees for my run this morning...shorts weather, but light gloves and a beanie required as well, although the beanie is more to make the headlamp a little more comfortable.  It was dark (obviously) and near the end of my run I saw another headlamp standing on the side of trail so I grunted "Hi" to which this person replied "It's your wife!"  lol oops didn't notice her.  Aaaanyway, 5 miles at marathon pace which we'll call a moderate effort.  Hopefully I can run moderate effort for 26.2 miles.

RunningOnSand

What is this cold weather you speak of?  There is a cold front in FL, but apparently, we didn't get the memo.  But it's only 85F so not complaining too much.

My dad is flying in from PR, if the flight is not canceled.  It's a sad situation there when your father who never wanted to leave is coming in on a one way ticket.  It will be nice to see him, though, but he's lost a lot of weight he says, from the lack of food and power.

Anyway, I have 4 miles tonight.  Might lift some weights too.

Sad I'm really sorry; that is such a sad situation.

RunningOnSand

JayB, when studies like those come out I shrug them off. There's been so many things - eggs were bad for you now they're good for you. Same with butter. And coconut oil. And so many others. SMH. Sounds like an awesome workout: nicely done.

So on the plan for today is 20min up, 4x1mi @ 8:30mm pace (I realize this is a snail's pace for some of you but it'll be a good stretch for me Big grin ), 3min R, with 10min down. Anyway, my dilemma presented itself b/c of the daylight issue: I don't feel safe running by myself on a nearby trail in the dark, and the treadmill would've woken up my sick kiddos, so I'll have to do it on the treadmill later today after some errands. Treadmill. In this gorgeous fall weather!!!!