Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #26 (Read 30 times)

RunningOnSand

I can't believe we're still on this numbers game.  Big grin

How's your Sunday so far? Whatcha got for today?

Rest day, 30 min gutter walk and my hams seriously didn’t like even that 😮so I’m really glad I didn’t try running.  I had gotten away from gutter walking when I started doing more road crown and gutter during regular runs.

Will take tomorrow off also; off work Tuesday and run then.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Heading to Cincy to watch a Cirque show so likely no run tonight.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

13.1 miles done, I'm hoping AND praying that tomorrow's massage will help.... the first 5 miles SUCKED, my shins were stiff AF and my calves not much better. But when things loosened up, my legs were tired.

The plan was for 15, but at mile 11.8 my garmin warned me "low battery" 🤬 not knowing how much more time that gave me and knowing I would have lost my mind if it died and didn't save my run.... I chose 13.1 as a good stopping point.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran 11 miles; a mile or so more than I planned. Drove a few miles to start somewhere other then my neighborhood which was nice for a change. Most of the run was on dirt roads with lots of small hills. One of my favorite routes but didn’t have to run another 5 miles to get to/from where I started today. I think I’m going to do this (drive to a starting point) one morning each weekend to help get through the winter running blahs!

Makes another “longest run in a while” for me. 48 miles for the week which is a bit more than I probably should have done. So, going to go real easy the next few days and make this week a “recovery” week, or something like that. Hammies and butt feel ok for now.

Just finished a meat lovers breakfast with two types of sausage and Canadian bacon! Yum!  Pigging out after is the best part of a weekend long run!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wolvmar, yum. And yes pigging out is the best. I pigged out yesterday after my run with cochinita pibil. 

One of the things I love the most about Indy is the many Mexican restaurants and supermarkets around.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Morning! Heading to Cincy to watch a Cirque show so likely no run tonight.

Enjoy the show! How far is Cincy from Indy?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just two hours. And although yesterday it snowed all day it was mostly a dusting since temps were just at freezing and the roads are good. Phew. 

We are going to see Cirque du Soleil’s Axel.

Damaris

LRB

I went out for breakfast, which for the fact that I was even willing to is a checkmark in the plus column. I only managed to eat half of my usual but that's another check in the right box.

My head is still cloudy and my chest congested but things seem to be moving in the right direction (that's 3 checks for those keeping score at home) so I am encouraged.

Walking back to my car I could see/feel myself running so hopefully I'll be ready to get back at it in the next few days.

delicate flower

OMG hi!!  I tempo'd.  4 x 10:00.  Plenty of black ice on the bike path, so I spent a lot of time running on the road...not the shoulder, but the middle of the damn road.  6:50ish avg pace on the 40 minutes of tempo work.  Not bad.  This week's workouts got a bit shuffled around, but I got it all done, exception being yesterday's bike test that got missed on account of skiing.  word.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hard to do a tempo in those conditions, Baboon!!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I won a half marathon in which I placed third last year so I was unaware that they did have an awards ceremony for OA ... until they called me when I was halfway home. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Unlike Jerusalem, they’re going to mail it to me, so that’s nice!

And for DaveP: I ran 1:37:17 last year and 1:30:51 this year. It’s a multi-lap course (four for the half, eight for the full) and they give splits for each one, and I ran them all successively faster, so I am pleased with that!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I won a half marathon in which I placed third last year so I was unaware that they did have an awards ceremony for OA ... until they called me when I was halfway home. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Unlike Jerusalem, they’re going to mail it to me, so that’s nice!

And for DaveP: I ran 1:37:17 last year and 1:30:51 this year. It’s a multi-lap course (four for the half, eight for the full) and they give splits for each one, and I ran them all successively faster, so I am pleased with that!

And congrats!

Dave

delicate flower

Way too go, blue!  That's awesome!

<3

Cyberic

Ran 17.7 in wet snow / slush. I'm slowly gonna build my mileage and my LR's length back up to where it's supposed to be. Enough slacking! Time to get back into shape, and in a mental state in which I'm confident I have a shot at a PR.

ETA: 74 for the week