Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday, Penguins (Read 30 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: I love the shoes!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Ginny - I just think about it this way.  A 50 mile week takes about an hour of each day.  That's only 4-5% of my day.  That leaves me 95% of my day to concentrate on other things.  That doesn't seem to bad when you think of it that way.  Then, I consider my marathon goals in November, my fitness and that I'm approaching that benchmark of 100 pounds lost.  Definitely worth it!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Damaris - just effects of the cold I believe.

Scotty - LOVE the pic of the shoes.  Makes me jealous.  LOL Well stated on the NSAIDs.

AFM - quick lunch break.  Busy day here.  Rain but NO new snow.  We've lost probably 95% of our snow now but its in the forecast over next couple of evenings.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty - you ran into a tank?  Was it moving?  Clown shoes is right-- they are exceedingly bright-- but at least they match all of your outfits.

Thank goodness it wasn't moving, lol!  I'd be one squished Scottydog!   Ginny,  it was a stationary display tank near a museum on the post.  I was not paying attention and ran into it.  MUCH to the amusement of a few Army folks who were running behind me.  From they way they were laughing, I think I made their whole day! Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!

Meeting a friend for a run tonight.  Not set plan.  It will probably end up being some sort of fartleks somewhere between 3 and 5 miles.  Lol.  Sometimes it's nice to not have a plan!

DH started couch to 5k last week so I've been doing a little running with him.  And he got his first pair of running shoes last night!  He was complaining about his knees hurting yesterday after his treadmill run on Sunday.  I told him to slow down his running portions (he is usually running them somewhere between 7-8 mph).  I told him he might be capable of running faster, but his legs and body aren't used to it so he should slow it down for a little to get his body acclimated.  We'll see if he listens to me...

Jackie:  just sit him down, hold his hand, be nurturing and patient, and calmly explain to him that running is not like a guy's sex life...you can't finish everything in 3 - 5 seconds....   Joking   Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Snickers1230

LOL HopesMom and Scotty!  So true though... Big grin

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

SheCan

DH started couch to 5k last week so I've been doing a little running with him.  And he got his first pair of running shoes last night!  He was complaining about his knees hurting yesterday after his treadmill run on Sunday.  I told him to slow down his running portions (he is usually running them somewhere between 7-8 mph).  I told him he might be capable of running faster, but his legs and body aren't used to it so he should slow it down for a little to get his body acclimated.  We'll see if he listens to me...

Wooohooo@ your DH starting to run!  How nice!  Great advice.  I really think that that pushing too hard in the beginning is what does a lot of new runners in.  He's lucky to have you to show him the ropes.

Awood--- you're a whole lot faster then me, and if it's working for you, you should go for it.  I've heard both ways, to not do speed and to do speed in the last week before the race.  The last article said that if you were better at speed than distance, do speed during taper, or vice-versa if you were better at distance.  I think the author of this one was referring to marathon training.

Ginny-- because I was hurting.  Black eye

Scotty-- just had to laugh @your comment on runners and men.... LOL hmmm, okay!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, well, OK, then!!!!!!!!!! Big grin

Yeah, Damaris, what she said, lol.  You are now Ultra Woman!  You've been promoted from Wonder Woman.  Big grin

Damaris

Sloooow.

Everyone definitely puts me to shame, both in terms of personals, and getting done early! 2.1 miles done this morning, and day 2 of JM's DVD. Oh the pain. I'm probably making a big mistake as I have a 5K on Saturday. SRD from running tomorrow. 18 chicks should be coming in the mail in the morning, hopefully before we have to leave for my daughters gym class. Rest of today will be spent transplanting crops outdoors. I don't often have busy weeks, this sucks! Lol.

Snickers- Agree with everyone else and you, he needs to slow his roll!

Scotty- Those shoes are great, funny how more colourful is better when it comes to running shoes.

HopesMom- You're doing a great job with your C25K plan, keep up the wonderful work.

Cherie- I must've missed it, why are you hurting?! You asked about Jillian yesterday, I really like the set up of the DVD. It's just so tough. I thought at least my legs are strong from running, but noooope. Squats, lunges, killing me. Not to mention what my daughter calls my "squirrel arms", as in, WEAK. Lol.

hog4life

Ginny, sometimes I sleep in and sometimes I get up early. My wife likes to sleep in, so then it's easy for me to run while she sleeps. I rotate shifts each week.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

CoralieT - Shame?  No such thing in these parts!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Snickers1230

I'm the opposite.  If my husband and dog are still in bed, it's hard for me to want to get up!

Ginny, sometimes I sleep in and sometimes I get up early. My wife likes to sleep in, so then it's easy for me to run while she sleeps. I rotate shifts each week.

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

It's snowing... again... here... once again... and it makes me want I use very bad words...   Grrrr

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just realized I never checked in today....what little time I had to go on the forum today I was caught up in RRs. Love seeing the Boston RRs starting to be put up! I ran 3.5 today. Recovery pace.....legs needed it.....but a route that encompassed a few hills.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Coralie- Good luck with the chicks!

kristin- Glad you got some recovery miles in!