Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES have the attention span of a... (Read 38 times)

LRB

Wassup crew!

I will be heading out shortly for a jog and will be sure to dress warmer after it more so than during it as I froze my ass off all day yesterday.

See ya!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On my way to take my blood test.  I have 11 miles tonight and Pilates.  Not sure if the run is going to happen but I feel OK.  We'll see.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, husband heard me cough and said I have a chest cold. That explains it. Sigh.

Damaris

Cyberic

Not that I'm hoping you're sick D, but I still wish you a chest cold over other the alternative.

happylily

I have a kid at daycare who has scarlet fever. The mother kept him one day at home. Health Canada recommends 5 days to avoid contagion. Sigh... We're all probably going to get it now... The same family has brought us in the past: pin worms, different types of gastros, a rash from a virus in a public pool (I forget the name), and all kinds of common colds and flus. What is up with those people?

10 easy miles after work. It looks like a beautiful fall day here, today. Probably is very cool though. I'll go outside a little later.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Football game tonite at 7 PM.  My university team has a night-game, starting at 7 PM in the Alamodome.  Which means I will probably be worthless at work tomorrow, these night games usually run late.   So no running today.   Probably a good thing.  Dang cold weather, it went down to 35 this morning!  BRRRR!  I HATE cold weather, I am definitely a warm-weather person all the way.  Give me temps 55 and above FOREVER.

I did run after work last night when I got home.  Flippin' 42 degrees with a 20 mph wind making it feel more like the upper 30s.  I did wear running shorts out, but I had 2 layers on my upper body and my gloves.   Actually had a pretty nice run, did the hills in my neighborhood and ended up with 3.5 miles.

Also, got my Veteran's Day 5K race report posted.  Very inspiring watching some of the folks carrying the flag for the race.  Link to the reportt:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/c762fd7fd822479f88dd49efe39fb916/resume#focus

Today is Sadie Hawkins Day....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope LRB is not turning into a popsicle out there!

(((DAMARIS))))...so sorry you are dealing with all these issues.  I sure hope something can be done; I would hate to see you have to stop running, you are such an inspiration to a lot of folks, including me.  What Cy said...hope it is only a chest cold!  Of course, even if it is a chest cold, you BEHAVE yourself, you might have to rest a bit longer than you like, you know, since you have a lot of chest.... wait...did I say that out loud?        I hope you feel 100 percent  very quickly, Damaris!

Dang, Lily, scarlet fever...isn't that pretty serious?  Don't you have to be quarantined for that?     We're all probably going to get it now.  So you are going to go run 10 miles now as a 'carrier' and spread it all over?  Shades of Typhoid Mary!     That family sounds as if they really like to share with the class!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm realizing it is going to take a bit of time to get used to this cold freaking weather (compared to MY summer weather, damn it). This morning Rocky and I hit the trails for about 4 miles, it was 28 degrees with a feel of 21 and windy and I made a couple poor choices in clothing so the first 2 miles were fucking awful - the trail I start on goes right along a corn field and I am sure most know what the wind can feel like when crossing flat ground, not to mention right next to a river  At some point after mile 1, my eyeballs were frozen and I couldn't see too well which meant I had to slow down even more to avoid roots.

But I'll get used to it, I always do.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

D, I hope the chest cold explains it, though I'm not sure it's the same as bronchitis.  Hope you get well soon.

happylily, hope you and all the kids don't get what the other kid has.

Scotty, that last photo was disturbing.

I've had lower back and neck pain since yesterday.  Slowly falling apart.   Should I attempt a faster run today, guess not.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello!!  I've got five miles to do later.  It might be later than usual because a surprise 3:00-5:00 meeting appeared on my work calendar today.  BOOOOO!  So leave work at 5:00, go home to tend to the dog, hit the rail trail by 6:30, home for 7:30, dinner at 8:00.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

D, I hope the chest cold explains it, though I'm not sure it's the same as bronchitis.  Hope you get well soon.

happylily, hope you and all the kids don't get what the other kid has.

Scotty, that last photo was disturbing.

I've had lower back and neck pain since yesterday.  Slowly falling apart.   Should I attempt a faster run today, guess not.

An asthma flare is very similar to bronchitis except the phlegm is clear.  I have that but not to that extent.  It's just annoying at this point.

Thanks, guys.  Off to a meeting, bleh.

Damaris

LRB

I had another glove fail but otherwise at 28 degrees it was great running weather (gloves, loose pants, long sleeve tech).

I most likely will have to pull out them big ass ski gloves as any other combination I have tried with the half dozen pair or other gloves and glove liners I have just does not work. Boo.

onemile

25 here this morning. Minus the wind, it wasn't bad.  I ran 6 again.

DavePNW

Morning, people.

I have a kid at daycare who has scarlet fever.

I honestly did not realize this disease still existed, I thought it was one of those which were completely eradicated. I guess not.

I had another glove fail but otherwise at 28 degrees it was great running weather (gloves, loose pants, long sleeve tech).

I most likely will have to pull out them big ass ski gloves as any other combination I have tried with the half dozen pair or other gloves and glove liners I have just does not work. Boo.

I would share my glove system which works well for me, but we have probably been over this repeatedly, with the conclusion you just have a medical condition known as ice-block hands.

1600m swim this morning. Swimming is even more boring time alone with your thoughts than running, because no scenery. Worse because I swim without my contacts in, so am totally blind. And what was I thinking about, pretty much the whole time? Running.

Also, had my first PT session yesterday. It was fine, she didn't make anything hurt, which I guess is a good thing. And lots of good running talk. Turns out in addition to being a runner & having run some of the same races as me, she also used to work at the LRS I go to.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

happylily

For your education  :

Scarlet fever, also called “scarlatina”, is caused by Group A streptococcus (group A strep), a bacterium commonly found in the throat and on the skin. These bacteria also cause strep throat. Scarlet fever often appears as a rash and is accompanied by a high fever and a strawberry-like appearance of the tongue. The illness is most common among children aged 5 to 18 years, but adults can also become infected.

It is still very common, but treatable with antibiotics.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010